SKS D model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These mags from Aimsurplus are Chinese "flat-back" mags. Though the description says "European" they are in fact chinese mags that were sold to Yugoslovia and now imported into the US. I prefer these to the usual com-bloc metal AK mags since they do lack the spine on the back of the magazine. I ordered 15 of these from Aimsurplus and they were all new...still covered in a light coat of cosmo.

At $9.99/each, you cant beat the price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&groupid=15

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These mags from Aimsurplus are Chinese "flat-back" mags. Though the description says "European" they are in fact chinese mags that were sold to Yugoslovia and now imported into the US. I prefer these to the usual com-bloc metal AK mags since they do lack the spine on the back of the magazine. I ordered 15 of these from Aimsurplus and they were all new...still covered in a light coat of cosmo.

At $9.99/each, you cant beat the price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&groupid=15

Awesome tip. I'm putting in an order today.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow ive never seen a D model then. had acouple of these in the past but thought they were D models but guess i was wrong.
QUOTE]

Right, the one in your first picture is an M while the second link shows a D in the first picture. It's a common mistake which is so often fostered by GunBroker listings. The M's are often called D's, or Paratroopers.

This is my D.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Right, the one in your first picture is an M while the second link shows a D in the first picture. It's a common mistake which is so often fostered by GunBroker listings. The M's are often called D's, or Paratroopers.

This is my D.

So was i totally wrong about the D rifles? Are the barrels threaded? Do they incorparate a last shot BHO?

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is really easy to turn the Chinese Mags (from Aimsurplus) into "bolt-hold-open" mags. There are two little bumps inside the magazine. If you file them down, the follower will raise a little higher in the mag and hold the bolt open after the last shot is fired. It works in an AK. Ill bet it works in the SKS D too!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never tried that although I have heard others make this suggestion before. I just never felt a need for a BHO on a detachable mag-fed rifle.

I'd love to have a Type 84, but only because of it's rarity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom