Sling with a bullpup weapon for HD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've googled the issue and found some discussion in other forums, but I haven't read anything yet that addresses this question I have:

Would any of you folks use a sling with a bullpup long arm in a purely HD role, where there are no children involved? If so, what kind and why? Otherwise, why not?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old saying goes; a sling is to a long gun as a holster is to a handgun.

Now then...being that it is of the Bullpup design, it's obviously a little shorter than a regular style long gun/shotgun.

However, if it is STRICTLY used for HD purposes, I don't see the necessity of a sling at all. :disappoin

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've googled the issue and found some discussion in other forums, but I haven't read anything yet that addresses this question I have:

Would any of you folks use a sling with a bullpup long arm in a purely HD role, where there are no children involved? If so, what kind and why? Otherwise, why not?

You seem Perplexed.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tavor with a Magpul single point with quick detach. Tavor has rail to attach flashlight or you can replace the forearm and it fits inside it. Tavor is very compact at 26.6 inches OAL. Takes AR mags

Tavor has 2 QD spots so a 2 point sling will work also.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a sling so your hands are freed up for other things while still remaining in control of your weapon. Be that hold a light, going hands on, applying a TQ, etc.

The type of sling is dependent on the above. My advice is to try out both single and double point slings while performing those tasks. You will figure out pretty quick which one is for you.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say yes. For control of the weapon. Check out the SA80 L85 A2 sling the British use on thier bullpups. Works like an MP5 sling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom