Slow New Router

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just installed a new Asus RT-N12 router and it seemed to be working good with my laptops. However when I tried to download some files to my desktops via the lan connections, things are not so good.

The wireless download speeds I am getting were between 5-7 meg via speedtest.net. However the lan download speeds were at most 78kbps. I tested this with two different desktops in two different locations at the house. And plugged two different laptops directly into the router with a factory lan cable.

Does anyone have experience with this and can give me an idea of what I have out of whack?

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might check the speed and duplex on both ends (system and device) to make sure you have a match and that they're set properly.

I tried all the available settings on my laptop with only a reduction in performance. I can not access the router due to my "Wireless ISP" setting the password when they setup of the router. Anyone no a way to bypass the password on it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom