Smartest big buck ever seen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is a little trick to try...just making a small suggestion or help to those that encounter sun problems........

take a piece of camo tape or any dark colored tape and put it along the bottom part of your bigger lense and another piece above the top part of your lense, leave about a .25" (1/4") gap between the two pieces. take a little extra and run it back onto the the lense housing. take another small strip and go around the lense houseing to hold your two pieces on. make sure not to cover yardage focus marks etc... if the scope has them, your call. depending on the scope, sometimes this can help out on sun input threw the scope and also can cut down on reflection. you will be able to see out as if nothing there, just depends on your gapping between the pieces to allow "X" amount of light in. Also if your looking into the sun and the glare comes off the scope lense this can make an animal throw out a caution flag.....think of a mirror reflecting the sun (maybe not as extreme but you get the idea).

besides can you tell me if your scope does not reflect off the front while behind it, in the woods alone????

depending on where im sitting coyote/deer hunting, i do this on my Simmons glass and it helps cut down on the suns brightness and scope glare.....i know, i know, you should avoid facing the sun, but sometimes you have to adapt to the hunt. it was just brought to my attention one day while coyote hunting with a friend, he said he could see the reflection at times off my scope from his angle one morning.....and this was my cheap :idea:

take this as you will..... i hope you tag'em and bag'em over the weekend :gun1: GOOODDD LUCK!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom