smith &wesson sigma series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the early sigmas have a reputation for jamming,the newer ones are supposed to be "enhanced" how do you tell them apart?? are the newer ones reliable??are the mags the same or did S&W change them??do the 40 sigmas have a reliablility prob like the 40 glocks do??

Sigma's have gone throgh several configuartions Early models were "F" then "V" and now "VE, ie. SW40VE is the latest version of the 40 S&W. I have about 3,000 round through my 40 VE, and about 5,000 through my 9VE. I have not had a single hickup with either.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are the mags the same or did S&W change them??do the 40 sigmas have a reliablility prob like the 40 glocks do??

Mags are essentially the same. If you have an F mag, you might have to sand the baseplate a touch to use it in a VE.
They are very reliable stock, but they are a step below the GLock with almost nil aftermarket goodies and the 10# trigger does not lend itself to reducing without cutting into the reliability, especially with hot ammo.
The M&P is more the direct comparison to the Glock.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trash it and start over. Buy an M&P or something else. Those are entry level guns and you would be wasting money trying to customize it or make it run any better. That money could be used to upgrade to a better pistol.

Sorry..