Smokeless tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a dip of snuff right after lunch at noon had it in my mouth about ten minutes and thought to myself I have been carrying around a can of this BS since I was 12 I’ll be 51 in a couple weeks and I’m tired of spending money on it and tired of the stinch that I know others can smell. It’s going on 7 hours now I hope and pray I can do it this time any suggestions to make things a little easier would be appreciated lol

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would literally be twitching and itching! I keep saying this is my last can but I keep buying more. Maybe if you successfully quit I can use it as motivation. If I'm not eating or sleeping, I've got a jaw full of snuff. If I think about a chew midway through a meal, I lose my appetite and it's snuff time. Good Luck to ya! I hope you do what I haven't done yet!

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first few days are the hardest.I probably thought about taking a dip every 2 or 3 minutes.Throw away everything affiliated with the snuff and put your mind on other things.I only think about it 5 or 6 times a day now and its been about 9 months since I quit.I smoked cigarettes for 25 or 30 years and gave them up pretty easily.Snuff is tough to quit.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This Friday will be a full month without my hagen!! When chit has been real bad I take a equate 4mg lozenge to ease me through the rough!! Big red gum has been a help as well!!
Good luck kwaynem, I know your pain LOL ! Having to steer clear of anybody with hagen cause the smell pops every nerve in my body into over drive .

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's how I quit.

It was Halloween night, 1989. I always said when Cope got to $2 a can, I would quit. Well, at the start of my shift, I bought a can and paid like $2.03 or something and hit the streets. About 2 or 3 am, I told my buddy Tim, I said, "that's it T-bone...I ain't buying no more."

Tim, a fellow snuffer as well, said, "yeah, whatever."

Almost 29 years later and I am still snuff free. :woohoo1: Seems like I tried to pick it back up a few years later and got sicker than a couple of dawgs! :puke:

The way I quit for good, was I took a big gallon size jar, like pickles come in, cleaned it up real good, cut a slit in the lid and duct taped it on there so me or nobody else couldn't get into it. Then, every time I wanted a pinch of snuff, I'd poke two bucks in the jar. By the time it was full, I had a little over $300 in the jar. So, I bought a gun with it. I've never regretted it.

Now...I still crave a Black & Mild cigar...Every. Single. Day.

But that's another story...

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
By the way the first couple days I was eating a lozenge about every 1-2 hours, yesterday was a bad day and I had 4 today i have 2!! Prolly switching to the 2mg when this bottle is empty!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom