Snakes are out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind, I read in a medical magazine the snake bite can be treated with DC electricity, Hot shot, stun gun, and other forms. I have not been bitten by a snake but have a brown recluse spider and it work on that. I know several snake handlers in Texas that carry a devise called the Snake Doctor about the size of a pack of cigaretes. They have been bitten and say that they work, I would still got to a doctor though. I keep a small hot shot in my vehicles just in case. Also the pygmy rattler is the most deadly in the US. Best wishes that was a very serious bite.
Looks like it's bunk
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0196064405823893

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is used in a lot of countries. The US has not ever approved it and the medical probably will not to much money might go away from the medical treatments they sale. If you get bitten by a pygmy rattle you have 1 hour to get to the anti venom. These devises that I know of are not a high voltage, I think I would shock myself 3 or 4 times around the bite thin start to medical help. Where I live it would be about an hour to get to where there is antivenom. I hope no one gets bitten, I have seen the damage it can do.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been about 30 hrs since the bite.
Jade is tired but doesn't seem to be in pain unless she tries to run and play with her brother.
Still very swollen. If it's gone down any , hard to tell.
Not sure what to expect.
Vet says give it until Thursday.
If the swelling hasn't obviously gotten better, she goes back to the doc.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that says there are only three kinds of snakes that scare him; live snakes, dead snakes, and sticks that look like snakes.
We had a guy at work that was so scared of snakes that he would back off if one took a broken V belt from a machine and waved it in front of him.
Someone got the idea to get one of the fake snakes in the trees the company put there so the starlings wouldn't roost in them.
They put the fake snake on the passenger side of his pickup attached to the driver side door so that when he opened the door, the snake would jump at him.
There was a couple dozen folks at the window at shift change watching him walk to his truck and open the door. OMG! He about fell down backing away and knew he had been had. He turned and I guess focused on my face in the window and here he came wanting to fight. We finally talked him down, but he never forgot. Probably get fired for that in the current woke work place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jade is tired but doesn't seem to be in pain unless she tries to run and play with her brother.
Not sure what to expect.
Great news!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that says there are only three kinds of snakes that scare him; live snakes, dead snakes, and sticks that look like snakes.
I have a friend who says snakes are only good for two things: belts and hat bands. He said he was hauling hay when he picked up a bale that had a (dead) copperhead sticking out of it; in one motion, he picked it up, saw the snake, and launched that 80lb bale completely over the stack on the trailer.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what to expect.

I sure hope she's better soon. I can tell you first hand, it sux to lose one.

Best wishes for her, and you.

Last edited:

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ve been seeing them out since march 25th.
We were at claremore lake fishing when this guy showed up. He was a little cold..

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom