Snubbie Dilemma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do I keep?

• S & W 36-9

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Colt Agent

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the title implies, I have a dilemma! I am torn between keeping one of two small framed .38 revolvers. One is a S&W model 36-9 5 shot .38 (no lock), blued, in fantastic shape. Really has only minimal holster wear at end of barrel. The other is a 6 shot Colt Agent .38. The Colt has a little more wear and doesn't lock up as tight as the smith. However, it is much lighter with a Parkerized alloy frame, but has a slightly larger frame.

For use, I am wanting to keep one of these as an under-the-mattress utilitarian revolver. Something small that my wife isn't too intimidated by, etc.

So, what say you? Which should I keep and which to sale?

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the title implies, I have a dilemma! I am torn between keeping one of two small framed .38 revolvers. One is a S&W model 36-9 5 shot .38 (no lock), blued, in fantastic shape. Really has only minimal holster wear at end of barrel. The other is a 6 shot Colt Agent .38. The Colt has a little more wear and doesn't lock up as tight as the smith. However, it is much lighter with a Parkerized alloy frame, but has a slightly larger frame.

For use, I am wanting to keep one of these as an under-the-mattress utilitarian revolver. Something small that my wife isn't too intimidated by, etc.

So, what say you? Which should I keep and which to sale?

da keep em both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are both awesome little .38s.

I more or less own the same two revolvers - a S&W model 60 and a Colt Cobra.

I personally would have to keep both myself. The Chief feels better in my hand, but the trigger pull on teh Colt is out of this world.

Tough decision bro. I couldn't make it. :ugh2:

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Keep the S&W! Only because its in better shape.

AGREED! KEEP THE ONE THAT IS IN BETTER SHAPE IF YOU LIKE SHOOTING BOTH. BETTER YET HAVE YOUR WIFE SHOOT THEM AND LET HER MAKE THE DECISION SINCE YOU ARE WANTING HER TO BE COMFORTABLE. SELL ME THE OTHER ONE! LOL

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
AGREED! KEEP THE ONE THAT IS IN BETTER SHAPE IF YOU LIKE SHOOTING BOTH. BETTER YET HAVE YOUR WIFE SHOOT THEM AND LET HER MAKE THE DECISION SINCE YOU ARE WANTING HER TO BE COMFORTABLE. SELL ME THE OTHER ONE! LOL

Well, one (most likely Colt) will be for sell in the next day or two I appears. Good idea about letting her shoot both first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom