So.... driving in the left lane will soon get ya a ticket!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on someone to tell me why this is supposed to be better than the law we already had? :anyone:
The HP couldn't really call a press conference and say, "Beginning on Nov. 1, we're going to strictly enforce laws that are currently on the books because the state is having revenue problems, even though we've looked the other way in the past".

They had to make a new law to provide justification.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably one of the meatheads who thinks anyone in the left lane going slower than them, even though traffic is being passed, must immediately yield to their jacked up 1 ton that's never seen a trailer or a patch of mud. Had one on my ass today while I was actively passing a string of three semis.

I HATE THAT...the cops better enforce this fairly...if you are indeed moving past traffic to your right, then the guy riding your azz is the one that better get the ticket, not you!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking this is just another tool in the box to allow them more discretion when it comes to executing stops and fishing for better violations.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you that object to this law ever driven in a state where the law has been in place for decades? It's wonderful. A car passes you and immediately cuts back into the right lane. It's a thing of beauty.

i'm guessing it's not (just) the law that makes it work, but education (both drivers ed and from the parents). create the action as a habit when learning to drive.

Hopefully this law will work in the same way in oklahoma.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you that object to this law ever driven in a state where the law has been in place for decades? It's wonderful. A car passes you and immediately cuts back into the right lane. It's a thing of beauty.

Yep. That's what I can't understand about this thread. If you driven in a LOT of states in the U.S. this is normal, don't get why it's rocket science.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People have been driving vehicles on roads for a century. You'd think we would have amassed all the laws necessary to govern 2 lanes of traffic by now, but apparently not in Oklahoma. Lets make more laws....

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. That's what I can't understand about this thread. If you driven in a LOT of states in the U.S. this is normal, don't get why it's rocket science.

Except you are NOT allowed to speed to pass...so if the a line of a few cars in the right lane are going 62 in a 65mph, and you want to pass, you have to pass 3mph faster than them and then you either get the guy doing 90mph on your azz, or you now get a ticket because you were having to pass so slowly you were "driving in the left lane"...it's a racquet for revenue.

People have been driving vehicles on roads for a century. You'd think we would have amassed all the laws necessary to govern 2 lanes of traffic by now, but apparently not in Oklahoma. Lets make more laws....

Ohhh but Oklahoma is supposedly the reddest state in the union...blah!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Necessary evil unfortunately. Ever driven in Mexico?

Latest posts

Top Bottom