So.... driving in the left lane will soon get ya a ticket!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am passing slower traffic while going the speed limit, what’s your justification for violating the law and demanding everyone get out of your way?

That’s my problem with this law. It will encourage the very dangerous aggressive a-holes who tailgate and attempt to intimidate anyone not passing fast enough for them.

Okay, I’ll give you a for instance:
I have a job that has me on call 24/7. I live only a few miles away from work and if the alarm goes off, I have to hightail it up there to see what the issue is, burglary, etc. So just very recently, I get a call, my counterpart needs backup. I jump in the car, hit I-35 and I can be there in 8 minutes. Im doing 75, I have my hazard lights going, some jerk off decides whatever Im doing ISNT an emergency so he gets in front of me in the fast lane and hovers next to the car in the right lane doing 58. I hono my horn, flash my lights, he flips me the bird. This is an ACTUAL emergency, somebody could be hurt, and yes, this SELF ABSORBED DICK took it upon himself to interfere with that. Had I gotten his tag, I would look him up and have a nice little chat later. Unfortunately, this is not the only time somebody decided to get in the way and stay in the way of somebody obviously needing to get somewhere in a hurry. Now, if this was YOU... what justification do you have for cutting me off and flipping me off and possibly getting a good friend of mine injured?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel "safer" already...

wzHK4a4.jpg

thEcDjm.jpg

nw5rcl8.jpg

SH-11_bridge_repairs_March_2015_2web.jpg

I see where a lot of our tax dollars are going in the top picture. I count eight guys in that picture and seven have their hands in their pockets watching number eight work. Just a guess, but number nine is probably just taking pictures and nothing else.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where a lot of our tax dollars are going in the top picture. I count eight guys in that picture and seven have their hands in their pockets watching number eight work. Just a guess, but number nine is probably just taking pictures and nothing else.
No kidding, lots of "management" in that first pic. The other half dozen or so are probably manning the truck, cones, and portable flashing light..

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Reminds me of my FIL story at Tinker. He was pouring concrete and a group of guys watched them work for hours. He said don't you have work to do and they said no.....LOL

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So who tickets the LEOs? I saw this today.

Unmarked LEO is camping out in the left lane doing 60 (exactly the speed limit) and all alone in his lane. Dude zooms up in a little ricer car right on his ass and as soon as he gets there signals, changes lanes and cruises on past him all seamless like. I thought the cop was doing a pit maneuver on him he changed lanes so fast! No hesitation at all lighting him up. Don't get me wrong I was LMAO because he definitely had a speeding ticket coming and probably a "passing on the right" ticket too. But I had been cruising just behind him for about a mile in the right lane to take an upcoming exit. Cars in the center and right lane were backing up due to the 3 antennas on the roof. This fool was oblivious.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of this thread, I have noticed the left lanes are crowded as hell now ....at leas on the Broken Arrow Expressway , it’s hard to make your exit nowadays intersting result.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who tickets the LEOs? I saw this today.

Unmarked LEO is camping out in the left lane doing 60 (exactly the speed limit) and all alone in his lane. Dude zooms up in a little ricer car right on his ass and as soon as he gets there signals, changes lanes and cruises on past him all seamless like. I thought the cop was doing a pit maneuver on him he changed lanes so fast! No hesitation at all lighting him up. Don't get me wrong I was LMAO because he definitely had a speeding ticket coming and probably a "passing on the right" ticket too. But I had been cruising just behind him for about a mile in the right lane to take an upcoming exit. Cars in the center and right lane were backing up due to the 3 antennas on the roof. This fool was oblivious.
Is passing on the right is illegal on a multilane highway?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is passing on the right is illegal on a multilane highway?
I'm inclined to say "no:"

47 O.S. 11-304:
(a) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:

1. When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn;

2. Upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction [emphasis mine];

3. Upon a one-way street, or upon any roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

(b) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety. In no event shall such movement be made by driving off the pavement or main traveled portion of the roadway.
--------------------------------------
(a)(2) would seem to include interstate highways. Additionally, (a)(3) would seem to apply, based on the definition of "roadway" in 47 O.S. 1-158(a): "Roadway. That portion of a highway improved, designed or ordinarily used for vehicular travel, exclusive of the shoulder. In the event a highway includes two or more separate roadways the term 'roadway' as used herein shall refer to any such roadway separately but not to all such roadways collectively."

Latest posts

Top Bottom