So is this a marker for a well or a windmill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Our landowners on our lease told us they were going to do some windmills. I just want to know specifically what it is and does indicate the location. I don’t have an issue with it mainly because the last time it was at my old lease, there was a nice buck at the base of the windmill.
B25BF305-8EA0-42E4-A3DA-F957BD241D2E.jpeg

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to say for sure but it looks to be where the structure will be installed.

A lot of times when my office gets a Okie Locate ticket it’ll have lat and long to a specific marker in a field/pasture. That’s what this looks like to me.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our landowners on our lease told us they were going to do some windmills. I just want to know specifically what it is and does indicate the location. I don’t have an issue with it mainly because the last time it was at my old lease, there was a nice buck at the base of the windmill.
View attachment 269741
Dud XL Bottle Rocket?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they doing a power generation windmill, or a water well windmill?
When I talked to the landowner last august, he didn’t know where they were going to be an that they were already supposed to be done(thanks for telling me). He made it sound like it’s going to be the big power generators. I looked it over for a plate or plaque with any info. Nothing just a pink pvc pipe.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should also mention that they farm and ranch thousands of acres and have wells and substations on just about every piece of ground except mine. I’m thinking might be their jump into wind power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom