Solo 1000 Loads for 9mm 147 lfn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my load data and chrono results with J&K and different powders. I wasn't real crazy about Solo 1000, it was still pretty smokey and snappy IMO.

G17 - Lone Wolf Barrel - 147gr J&K LFN - CCI Primer - 1.10 COL - 2.7gr Clays - Average Velocity 843.7 - PF=124,023

G17 - Lone Wolf Barrel - 147gr J&K LFN - CCI Primer - 1.10 COL - 2.9gr Clays - Average Velocity 865.1 - PF=127,169
By far softest shooting and least smokey. 2.9gr shots were all high and 2.7gr were closer but a bit high. Would be a nice load if it could be dialed in, will try some @ 2.8gr

Interesting. I've not tried it yet but everybody over on Enos raves about the Solo being soft shooting and having little smoke.

I've got a pound of Clays that I've just started playing with in .38 special. Please post up how the 2.8 does.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for WST w/ lead here. My 147s are so soft, I have to warn people that once you shoot em, youll never want to shoot a high velocity small 9mm again. Ive worked them to where they are just enough to cycle my USP.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you like it. I know Mitch's Glock really likes the WST, that group he shot of my loads was downright impressive. So I take it your tumbling problem is gone? Fingers crossed...

After 200 9mm and 300 .40 S&W test rounds I have seen ZERO tumbling with WST... And no leading in either barrel. The smoke is 1/3 what it was with TG as well. The recoil impulse is a nice push rather than a snap as well. The Titegroup works really well for subsonic FMJ's though.

Another change that was made per a suggestion from Lance was to go a little longer on the AOL in order to get the crimp off the shoulder of the bullet and down onto the side as much as possible. All of these little adjustments seem to be working nicely. The true test always seems to be at a match though. lol...

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After 200 9mm and 300 .40 S&W test rounds I have seen ZERO tumbling with WST... And no leading in either barrel. The smoke is 1/3 what it was with TG as well. The recoil impulse is a nice push rather than a snap as well. The Titegroup works really well for subsonic FMJ's though.

Another change that was made per a suggestion from Lance was to go a little longer on the AOL in order to get the crimp off the shoulder of the bullet and down onto the side as much as possible. All of these little adjustments seem to be working nicely. The true test always seems to be at a match though. lol...

Rusty, on the FMJ what grain bullet are you running and what OAL?

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been running 124's and 147's in FMJ's. I can't remember the other stats at the moment but I have them at home. I only run FMJ's with the supressor so my loads are all subsonic...

Let me know when you get home. The info I found was incomplete so what I came up with was 147gr FMJ w/ 3.1gr Titegroup at 1.100 OAL... That was a build up load.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not Rusty, but here are my results with a 147gr Hornady FMJ

G17 - STOCK Barrel - 147gr Hornady FMJ - CCI Primer - 1.15 COL - 3.4gr Titegroup - Average Velocity 914.7 - PF=134,460
This load through an M&P Pro made 132,594 PF
This is my standard IDPA load, accurate and on the softer side. I think I will try a 3.2gr TG load and see how that is.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not Rusty, but here are my results with a 147gr Hornady FMJ

G17 - STOCK Barrel - 147gr Hornady FMJ - CCI Primer - 1.15 COL - 3.4gr Titegroup - Average Velocity 914.7 - PF=134,460
This load through an M&P Pro made 132,594 PF
This is my standard IDPA load, accurate and on the softer side. I think I will try a 3.2gr TG load and see how that is.

Think I am going to work the 3.2/.3 for mine as long as they pass muster for USPSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom