Something Different??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful firearms OP!
I inherited a Savage .22LR/.410 combo gun that is old but the action is still tight which is rare. It seems people never think the hinge needs lubrication and the gun gets sloppy and loose.
The holy grail in combo guns for me would be to find a .22 Hornet over a 20 ga with three inch chambers.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful firearms OP!
I inherited a Savage .22LR/.410 combo gun that is old but the action is still tight which is rare. It seems people never think the hinge needs lubrication and the gun gets sloppy and loose.
The holy grail in combo guns for me would be to find a .22 Hornet over a 20 ga with three inch chambers.
You aren’t kidding about the 22 Hornet, that would be very cool. Always wanted one as a kid and never did get it so I found this one at a pawn shop a few years back and brought it home. The stock was pretty darn beat but the metal was decent so I made an offer and they took it. Refinished the wood and now I think it doesn’t look half bad. This one is a Savage 24S-C which is a 22LR over a 20 gauge IC choke. It’s definitely a bunny and squirrel slayer. 😉 F2C3CB15-2729-465B-825D-D22898055F4B.jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stuff like this doesn't get enough appreciation around here. Very nice, sir!
Ah brother I sure hope not. Someone has to have a few gems handed down from Grampa. Picked this one up over the past 6 months, a Winchester 1890 in 22WRF. It’s been on my short list for at least 15 years, had a couple thousand rounds waiting in the ammo cabinet for when I was able to bring one home. Finally found one at what I thought was a decent price so we made the deal. I don’t have anything I’d call collectible, just a few shooters I think are pretty darn cool. I’ll take an old Winchester over a tricked out 10-22 every day of the week. This particular rifle was made in the 20s (can’t recall the exact year just now) 4715ECD2-5816-4790-8657-FE739F527F76.jpeg996A86DD-E06E-4CFD-9D3A-3333AA30F947.jpeg

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some oldies but they've gotten their fair share of airtime and I'm sure the regulars are tired of me posting them LOL.
Must be that foreign military crap 😂. Post me some good old American stuff.

I see early stuff like the 70s stuff down sells really well and brings good money.

Look above…… a good Ithaca double floats my boat or an early pump or lever. To each their own….

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it was timing or my had luck but I tried some old and high end double shotguns on here and they were total duds. They sold like hotcakes at Wannenmacher and Armslist.
NIB Belgium Browning's, vintage Winchester, Fox, Stevens, Ithaca SxS, Browning Superposed sets...all duds. Oh well. The guy at the big show was happy with his "new" Winchester 21 Tournament Skeet.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it was timing or my had luck but I tried some old and high end double shotguns on here and they were total duds. They sold like hotcakes at Wannenmacher and Armslist.
NIB Belgium Browning's, vintage Winchester, Fox, Stevens, Ithaca SxS, Browning Superposed sets...all duds. Oh well. The guy at the big show was happy with his "new" Winchester 21 Tournament Skeet.
Well by all means remember you have a fellow vintage gun friend. I have a Belgian A5 and Superposed in the safe along with a Winchester 1906 and even a Browning Trombone which most have never even heard of although I’m sure you have Adam (?). Here’s a pic of the Trombone (1935ish) and a Steven’s Crackshot 26.
3F102859-7024-4CDD-A4FB-CD47E79FD0E4.jpeg