Source for Fresh Crawfish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and some of his friends are planning a crawfish boil soon and are looking for a source of fresh crawfish around OKC, Norman, or Lawton. Any suggestions?

Also - SIL says he has a spot where he can catch bunches of crawdaddies; is there any difference in Oklahoma crawfish and those shipped from Louisiana?

Thanks!

Cedar Creek

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're looking for mud bugs in a dry year, you should consider out of state.
I've been to buffets in Louisiana where they had fish bait right there among the groceries.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son and some of his friends are planning a crawfish boil soon and are looking for a source of fresh crawfish around OKC, Norman, or Lawton. Any suggestions?

Also - SIL says he has a spot where he can catch bunches of crawdaddies; is there any difference in Oklahoma crawfish and those shipped from Louisiana?

Thanks!

Cedar Creek

I don't think you're going to find live crawfish for sale in any quantity locally. If you get in a bind you can buy Louisiana crawfish online for about $2.50 a pound plus shipping. That's about $90 a sack (35 pounds) plus shipping. I figure about 5 pounds of crawfish per person. Don't forget your corn-on-the-cob and potatoes.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would check the two fish markets on may ave and wilshire area in okc. They sometimes have them or if they don't, then they may be able to order some for you.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only difference between OK crawdaddies and LA crawfish is the location of the sewer they live in. I wouldn't touch 'em with a ten foot pole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom