Source for Fresh Crawfish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe some of the asian markets in oklahoma city sell them

Yea. I went to one off of Classen last year when we did our annual Cajun boil tailgate. They are live and you should call or visit ahead of time to see when they get new crawdads in. The one problem with live crawdads is you have to provide them a place and time to purge themselves to you don't have crawdad crap in your boil.

Crawdads are crawdads and if they are big enough, they should be just as tasty. If you can get them local and fresh, that would be the best way to go in my opinion.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that because I've never had need for bait when catching Crawdads. One of the best times I had with em was in Minnesota when I was 15. We were canoeing the Boundary Waters and on our last night decided we wanted somethin fresh instead of freeze dried, so we caught a whole mess of Crawdads from the lake, and boiled most of em, fried a few in the last of our bacon. Good eats.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well when I did it you just tied the bacon to the string, threw it out in the middle of the pond and then drug it in slowly.... there'd be a mess of crawdads behind it and you could just scoop the whole lot of em up.

You can get a crab or two with a chicken neck that same way :D

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well when I did it you just tied the bacon to the string, threw it out in the middle of the pond and then drug it in slowly.... there'd be a mess of crawdads behind it and you could just scoop the whole lot of em up.

You can get a crab or two with a chicken neck that same way :D

We used to throw a few strips into a sock. Tie the sock onto a string and drop it into the creek. You can catch a dozen or so at a time in most any spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom