Speed Traps..North OKC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW....today was a great day for thr OKCPD and Nichols Hills PD!!!

**Be extra careful on NW150th between Penn and May!!!*** Today at various times I saw at least four seperate speeding tickets...NW 150th between Penn and May. Then the Nichols Hills PD was pulling people over left and right on Penn. Be careful going South on Penn, just a little past NW 63rd!! A few police cars sitting on the grass waiting for speeders going to Penn Square Mall.

WOW...someone or some precincts are either meeting quotas or helping with budget issues!! Can't be those wonderful, educated, law abiding citizens of OKC....can't be!!!!!:homer:

Be on the lookout....especially towards the holidays!!

Cohiba

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Presence is a pretty big deterrent. I know a lot of OCPD guys who refuse to give tickets because they know how expensive the tickets are and how bad its hurting people. Should they not speed if they cant afford the ticket, yeah probably, but cops know they will and figure just making their presence known will stop a lot of it.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda like the sheriffs depts. pressense around all the four way stops around county line and mcCaurther between 192 nd and 164 th. ? They nailed my boss the other day. Have been seeing them A LOT lately. Wonder what's really up around there.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you all haven't heard, there's an ongoing economic crisis. It's about a certain seven letter word that all bureaucracies are addicted to: R-E-V-E-N-U-E. It's legalized highway robbery, guns included.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speeding tickets aren't highway robbery, their a stupid tax some people choose to pay..... Don't wanna pay the tax don't speed..... And. counties only get like 5 or some ridiculously low amount off tickets. The rest goes to all kinds of stupid crap like cleet law library ect.... Now municipalities are a different story, but I doubt any of the OCPD guys would write more even if the city ordered it. Their union would have a field day with that!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Define speedtrap....someone getting pulled over for speeding isn't a trap. :)

I used to go round and round with an ex-boss over "DUI checkpoints". This was out in Kommiefornia. He used to come into work bitching about how they would set up at a service road on an off ramp to a highway. They had it down to a science, had the mobile breathalyzer, paddy wagon, the works. When you hit one of these, there was no getting away or turning around (one way street). He kept saying it was entrapment. I'd say "George, just how are they entrapping someone who chooses to get in their car and drive after drinking? How did they entrap you into using that particular exit?" Never did get an answer....

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda like the sheriffs depts. pressense around all the four way stops around county line and mcCaurther between 192 nd and 164 th. ? They nailed my boss the other day. Have been seeing them A LOT lately. Wonder what's really up around there.

Thank goodness they are finally doing their job. I've been calling Oklahoma County SO for months asking them to start working these 4-stop signs. Apparently people that live in Deer Creek seem to think a stop sign and a yield sign are the same thing.....

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW....today was a great day for thr OKCPD and Nichols Hills PD!!!

**Be extra careful on NW150th between Penn and May!!!*** Today at various times I saw at least four seperate speeding tickets...NW 150th between Penn and May. Then the Nichols Hills PD was pulling people over left and right on Penn. Be careful going South on Penn, just a little past NW 63rd!! A few police cars sitting on the grass waiting for speeders going to Penn Square Mall.

WOW...someone or some precincts are either meeting quotas or helping with budget issues!! Can't be those wonderful, educated, law abiding citizens of OKC....can't be!!!!!:homer:

Be on the lookout....especially towards the holidays!!

Cohiba

This isn't new. They've been doing stepped up enforcement on this particular road for the last 2 years and people still aren't getting the message. Don't speed, don't get a ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom