Spent brass does not look right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check you ejection pattern and angle . 3-4 o'clock is desirable. I have seen this on a lot 300blk that running a little slow. Do you know you gas port diameter size and location ( ie carbine length)? Will your gun cycle subsonic ammo while unsurpassed?

From what I remember, it's slightly past the 3 o'clock, more like 4 o'clock I will have to pay more attention next time out. Location I believe is carbine length, not sure of port size. Fatboy Tactical in Bixby put this rifle together for me.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like anything to serious, I just wanted to see what everyone thought, since it was a new build.

I don't think its serious but it is something that can be treated as others have noted. Or don't do anything about it. Shoot it enough to pile that bent mouth bras knee deep! :)

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To reply with multiquote, click on the button next to reply with quote that has the plus sign on everyone you want to quote, then click reply with quote and type away.

Ha! I thought I had tried it before, but I'm really not that savvy on computers.

I don't think its serious but it is something that can be treated as others have noted. Or don't do anything about it. Shoot it enough to pile that bent mouth bras knee deep! :)

I don't have enough stockpiled for that....just yet!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Case mouths are smacking the brass deflector. It's a little over gassed but I'm going to bet those are from remington 115grain supersonics and not subsoncs. The AAC 300 Blackout is going to be over gassed on supersonic loads to get it to function reliably with subsonic ammo. Use the Lee full length case sizing die when you reload and you'll be fine.

My blackout upper does the same thing, 220 grain subtonics come out with smacking the neck.

If you tune the gas system to run lightweight super sonics you'll get short stokes and have to manually cycle your upper when running unsupressed subsonic ammo.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Case mouths are smacking the brass deflector. It's a little over gassed but I'm going to bet those are from remington 115grain supersonics and not subsoncs. The AAC 300 Blackout is going to be over gassed on supersonic loads to get it to function reliably with subsonic ammo. Use the Lee full length case sizing die when you reload and you'll be fine.

My blackout upper does the same thing, 220 grain subtonics come out with smacking the neck.

If you tune the gas system to run lightweight super sonics you'll get short stokes and have to manually cycle your upper when running unsupressed subsonic ammo.

Ok thanks for the reply, sounds like I'm gtg then, I haven't gotten ahold of anything but the 115gr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom