Spent two hours with a Deputy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last fall a local farmer loaded up 15 or so round bales and placed them along the bar ditch where folks were coming onto his property from the road to 4-wheel up and down the river bank. Within a week the bales somehow caught fire and became a line of smoldering ashes by morning. With buttheads willing to do that, a cable and some signs aren't gonna be enough.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last fall a local farmer loaded up 15 or so round bales and placed them along the bar ditch where folks were coming onto his property from the road to 4-wheel up and down the river bank. Within a week the bales somehow caught fire and became a line of smoldering ashes by morning. With buttheads willing to do that, a cable and some signs aren't gonna be enough.

An old harrow turned upside down in tall grass in the area of egress is an effective deterrent. Just don't forget about it when you mow the ditch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, my uncle back in the day had 160 acres in Osage county. He had a gasoline tractor at the time. He noticed his 500 gallon fuel tank was getting lower faster than usual. He figured some was getting stolen.
one Friday, he put 20 gallons of water into the tank. Of course the water settled to the bottom. Sunday morning there was a Firebird about a 1/4 mile down the road in the ditch. He waited until the guy showed up with his dad, and let them know what the issue was. The Dad almost put a whoopin on his son on the spot. Paid my uncle for his fuel, and towed the car off.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa's farm was about ten miles from the house, so he'd usually leave his tractor there. One day he caught the neighbor kid joyriding on it, and my dad said Grandpa flat out lit him up. Grandpa didn't give a hoot in hell who you were when it came to telling you what he thought, plus he was on the tall side of 6'3" and would've been over 200 lbs of solid muscle at the time; he didn't lay a finger on him, but the kid never came close to the property again...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old harrow turned upside down in tall grass in the area of egress is an effective deterrent. Just don't forget about it when you mow the ditch.

I have several of those. Great for small food plots. Unfortunately they have beat the wheat/grass down on their entry point. Its only a small gap in the trees that surround the field Big enough to get a combine into. Probably why they selected it?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the high bank side, and the Salt fork is high, but not high enough to get in there....yet. Its been in there before.
It appears they were in there during last weekends rain or shortly afterward. Its locals. The deputy and I followed their tracks for miles, but lost them.

I need to check the little bridge just east of there. The blue cat come in there when the river comes up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom