sportsmans country club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have members here that are members of sportsmans, i used to be and dropped out a couple years ago.so did you guy's just lose your money and hunting leases when they shut down or did someone try to keep the leases going?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The article I read stated they were just selling the club house property. The money from the sale was still up in ths air on how it would be used. The hunting leases would not be affected.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a news report on it a week ago. The news reporter said they were looking at a smaller less maintenance intensive place to relocate.
Take that with a grain of salt. We all know how accurate the news media is.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am the hunt club chairman for Sportsman's. We are NOT closing. We are selling the Oklahoma City club house property and most of the contents to concentrate on hunting & fishing for our members. We right sized our dues to reflect our focus on hunting and fishing which resulted in a significant monthly savings for the majority of our hunt members and did not raise dues for any hunt member. We still own our hunting lodge and hunting property outside of Jet, OK bordering the great Salt Plains wildlife refuge which sleeps 34 and has saletlllite tv and all the amenities of home. We still lease about 50,000 acres of hunting land for our member to use. Our hunting leases range from west of Buffalo to east of Atoka.

We do hope to invest a portion of the sales proceeds in a property on the outskirts of Oklahoma City and constructing a building for our members to gather at, shoot their bows indoors and much more.

We are very excited at our hunting only future and look forward to serving Oklahoma's hunters for another 65 years. Since the property sale announcement, our hunt club has grown by more members that any two week period in recent memory. We are Oklahoma's oldest hunting club and our future has never been brighter.

David Feisal
Sportsman's Hunt Club Chairman

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$200 one time stock fee for club membership. $300 first year's hunt badge - again paid one time only when joining. $152 monthly membership fee. Membership is a family membership meaning your spouse plus your kids/grandkids under age 25 can hunt for no additional fees under your membership.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the current time we do not have any leases in NE OK. We previously leased land between Stillwater & Tulsa and by Lake Eufaula but our current members prefer Northwestern, Western & Southeastern OK leases. If the right lease opportunity presented itself in Northeastern OK, we would certainly consider it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom