Spring 2024 Movie: Civil War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How you guys doing?? You a grandpa yet??.😘
Good lord no!!!

All is well. Fixing to enter graduation season. Oldest is graduating college and youngest is graduating high school! Middle child is loving life in the USAF and enjoying her last year in Germany. Waiting to find out where her next duty station will be. She’s thinking about Japan…

How are you and Grumpy?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was really wanting to watch it, but it really doesn't talk about the issues of why, according to what I've read about it
It alludes to some causes (3 term President, use of military force against Americans on American soil), but the how and why of the war aren’t central to the story. The journey of the team of journalists is the focus. Old and jaded veteran war photographer and a greenhorn aspiring photographer are the central figures really.

IMHO, It’s good that they chose not to delve into it. Everyone is polarized enough…so much so that people are already desperately trying to pick out things to get offended about in it. “The President was wearing a red tie so they are trying to make him look like Trump!” LOL.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good lord no!!!

All is well. Fixing to enter graduation season. Oldest is graduating college and youngest is graduating high school! Middle child is loving life in the USAF and enjoying her last year in Germany. Waiting to find out where her next duty station will be. She’s thinking about Japan…

How are you and Grumpy?
Man, y'all are crazy busy even without grands! 🤣

We are good. He is at an extended stay hotel and I am living in the house (gotta take care of my critters) while we do a major remodel. It's like living in a house that has been leveled by a tornado, but it will be worth it in the end. It's actually been good for me -- moving **** from over here, to over there and then back to over here before I can put it back where it belongs in the first place has actually been the best PT I've ever had. Lol

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We are good. He is at an extended stay hotel and I am living in the house (gotta take care of my critters) while we do a major remodel. It's like living in a house that has been leveled by a tornado, but it will be worth it in the end. It's actually been good for me -- moving **** from over here, to over there and then back to over here before I can put it back where it belongs in the first place has actually been the best PT I've ever had. Lol

:pms2: :bighug:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That sounds messy! But it will be worth it when it’s over.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds messy! But it will be worth it when it’s over.
It IS. This whole thing started with a sewer line replacement. Which required us having the bathroom torn out. Then the hallway. Then under the air return for the HVAC condensation drain off tie-in. I've never seen so much dirt inside a house in my life. 👀👀👀 And the backyard looks like an entire family of Graboids have moved in to stay. 😬😬😬 But HEY!! The new dog that @OK Corgi Rancher pawned off on me is having a blast jumping back and forth and back and forth across the great divide that goes from my foundation to 3 feet on the OTHER side of the back fence! 🤣🤣🤣

I went to the hotel and took a shower today. Then very promptly laid down on the bed and passed smooth out. ****ing Grumpy -- whining cuz he's "having" to sleep at a hotel. Closer to his job. With no critters -- half of whom are pissed off (the cats), the other half (the dogs) thinking every time the front door opens they are jail broke and take off like shots! 🤦🤦🤦 -- to deal with. 😉🤣🤣🤣 Yes, I know, the critters are "mine". Funny, Dawg doesn't back up to ME when he wants his ass scratched. 😉🤣🤣

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was really wanting to watch it, but it really doesn't talk about the issues of why, according to what I've read about it
It alludes to some causes (3 term President, use of military force against Americans on American soil), but the how and why of the war aren’t central to the story. The journey of the team of journalists is the focus. Old and jaded veteran war photographer and a greenhorn aspiring photographer are the central figures really.

IMHO, It’s good that they chose not to delve into it. Everyone is polarized enough…so much so that people are already desperately trying to pick out things to get offended about in it. “The President was wearing a red tie so they are trying to make him look like Trump!” LOL.
I didn’t like the movie.
The wife and actually discussed leaving, the only reason we did not was because we had paid for it. Like SMS said, it was mostly about the reporters than the actual civil war. As far as action scenes not many. The best scene was at the ending of the movie. Prior to going to see the movie we had only scene one preview or commercial for it. With that said we didn’t know who was who or what everyone was fighting for, what started the war, and again like what SMS said it was not political bias so that was kinda good.
As far a “movie” about reporters it was good. We expected more I guess because of the state of our county.
It was not written like Hollywood for sure.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t like the movie.
The wife and actually discussed leaving, the only reason we did not was because we had paid for it. Like SMS said, it was mostly about the reporters than the actual civil war. As far as action scenes not many. The best scene was at the ending of the movie. Prior to going to see the movie we had only scene one preview or commercial for it. With that said we didn’t know who was who or what everyone was fighting for, what started the war, and again like what SMS said it was not political bias so that was kinda good.
As far a “movie” about reporters it was good. We expected more I guess because of the state of our county.
It was not written like Hollywood for sure.

I saw an interview with the writer, some of the actors, maybe producers, I don't remme exactly because my ADHD brain was making me do a bazillion other things at the same time and they said it was written and filmed that way on purpose. Supposedly they wanted the film to cause "some introspection" or some such stupid **** and give Americans an idea of what it would be like if we actually had a civil war. 🤔🤔🤔 Hmmm seems like I remember reading something about the fact we've ALREADY JAD A CIVIL WAR!! Maybe we could study THAT in depth and get some ideas ... Hell, I dunno. 🤷🤷🤷

That bit of the interview ALONE made me not want to go see it. Hollywood just doing what Hollywood does. Making money off the bored masses. Definitely a first world problem. (Not railing at you. You were just the lucky bastard I quoted. Sorry, dude! 😘😘 Nothing but affection ... 😇😇)

Latest posts

Top Bottom