Springfield Echelon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equus

Marksman
Reaction score
Yea I was all about to yawn too. I thought "Oh great it's XD 2.0".

This is a completely different gun and it brings to the table the RDO system that doesn't use plates along with the Sig module modularity. I think it has a lot more appeal than S&W's new 5.7 and .22mag offerings. It'll sell if it doesn't have teething pains like Sig did.
I have a 2003 made Walther P22 that uses the serialed FCG. So this modular idea wasn’t Sig‘s, Umirex was way ahead of the curve on that. The Beretta APX also uses it, and is better than the Sig offering.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran another 200 rounds thru the Echelon this weekend, getting close to that 1k round mark. It's been flawless so far and I honestly think it's one of the best polymer handguns I've ever owned. I've been very happy with it so far!
On a related topic, I saw one of the standard Echelon models at Bear Beam Tactical for $589ish. That's a really good price for a local shop.
Echelon.jpg

Last edited:

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Ran another 200 rounds thru the Echelon this weekend, getting close to that 1k round mark. It's been flawless so far and I honestly think it's one of the best polymer handguns I've ever owned. I've been very happy with it so far!
On a related topic, I saw one of the standard Echelon models at Bear Beam Tactical for $589ish. That's a really good price for a local shop.
View attachment 429603
Basically an overgrown hellcat..... nothing to write home about..... triggers are mushy just like sigs... they don't break clean..... at least the half dozen I have picked up. Plenty of polymer weapons in that price point that are better in my opinion...

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basically an overgrown hellcat..... nothing to write home about..... triggers are mushy just like sigs... they don't break clean..... at least the half dozen I have picked up. Plenty of polymer weapons in that price point that are better in my opinion...
It's not going to be for everyone, and my opinion is my own.

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll admit I was super meh about it when I saw it. Looked like a dressed up XD, which would be about the third time they released such a product. I’ll admit that on closer inspection I was wrong and it really looks like a well thought out pistol. In particular the optics setup looks very nifty and a significant improvement on competitors.

With that said I’m too invested in my Glocks, so someone will just have to enjoy them for me. I do hope to see it succeed and them to expand their lineup.