Springfield Echelon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You should watch the vids on YouTube. It's an all new gun and not over-priced when you compare it to similar models.
It's totally overpriced....... they are over 600 bucks at every shop in Tulsa..... give it 6 mths it will be 499 on sale. It's an overgrown hellcat. I would rather have a Walther pdp..... or go buy a Gen 5 glock and slap a glock performance trigger in it.....

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an Echelon today from Action Arms. They had them for a good price and both models available. I wanted the Tritium night sight setup, but ended up going with the "u-notch" rear with green Tritium up front. I could see the green front sight much better than the white Tritium. I'll be taking it to the range this weekend and hope to give a range report also.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up an Echelon today from Action Arms. They had them for a good price and both models available. I wanted the Tritium night sight setup, but ended up going with the "u-notch" rear with green Tritium up front. I could see the green front sight much better than the white Tritium. I'll be taking it to the range this weekend and hope to give a range report also.
should have posted what you paid for it. Action arms is usually the highest place in town... especially with newer guns. They are selling the FN reflex for 100$ more than sports world.....

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what made you buy it at one shop versus another?...... just curious?

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
should have posted what you paid for it. Action arms is usually the highest place in town... especially with newer guns. They are selling the FN reflex for 100$ more than sports world.....
Not in my experience and I have purchased multiple guns from both. I find that Action is usually cheaper on the price of handguns. For example, I bought a CZ75 Omega from Sportsworld and Action had the exact same gun for $50+ cheaper. Same with the Echelon. SW had it for $615 and Action had the exact same model for $599.
Action also had both versions of the Echelon and SW only had one last time I was in there.
I like to keep my $$ local and support our local shops. I buy guns regularly and have 4 shops that I prefer. The other shops I buy from is Bear Beam Tactical and Sooner Guns.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No real preference, some shops have better selection and some have better prices.
must just be a distributor issue... literally everything I have ever picked up in Action Arms has always been higher than any other shop in town... maybe with the exceptions of a few pawn shops..... weird that the Echelon was any different. hope it's all you ever wanted in a polymer striker fired pistol......

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
must just be a distributor issue... literally everything I have ever picked up in Action Arms has always been higher than any other shop in town... maybe with the exceptions of a few pawn shops..... weird that the Echelon was any different. hope it's all you ever wanted in a polymer striker fired pistol......
Well, I don't know about all I've ever wanted, lol, but I like to try new things. My PDP really is my go-to edc and It's my favorite carry gun. The Echelon will get an optic and a light and probably be a home defense weapon.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the Echelon to the range today. I ran about 150 rounds of 115gr Federal and Sellier & Beloit ball ammo. The Echelon performed flawlessly. It's a really good shooter and the ergonomics are very good. The only issue I had was that I got a blister on my finger because I had it too low on the trigger shoe and it got pinched between the trigger and the trigger guard. I only discovered this after I got home and was checking out how I could've got a blister. The trigger is really close to the guard at full pull. I think this can remedied by keeping my finger higher on the trigger or filing off a little bit of the bottom of the trigger.
Overall, I am very happy with the new Echelon. I think Springfield has a winner here.