SQ 766 - Ban Taxation on Intangible Assets - Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ 766 - Pass or Don't Pass

• Yes - Pass SQ 766

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • No - Do not pass SQ 766

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's been a lot of commercials out concerning state question 766. It attempts to ban taxation on intangible assets. Most states already don't permit that type of business tax. In OK the business lobby is absolutely for passing 766. The education lobby is against it.

The argument for passage is that allowing the taxation of intangible assets will increase the cost of business and make Oklahoma less competitive in attracting new business to the state.

The argument for not passing the question is that it would result in $600M(?) less taxes available to the school system.

Be you for passage or against it and why.

I'm for passage as I am a firm believer that less taxes is better for business and results in business growth, more jobs etc. All of which increases tax revenue in the long run.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Less taxes are better. It's been shown the increase in dollars spent per student doesn't increase their education. It's true we have some of the lowest paid teachers in America, but look at other big spending states. Are they doing that much better in education than we are?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the lottery was gonna fix all our money woes in education. I'm pretty sure that's what Gov. Geegollywhiz Brad said ... :scratch:

The lottery and several other state questions, all were supposed to solve the education crisis, bunch of crap.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my understanding is that you vote FOR the proposal to STOP it from being implemented......correct?

Basically. This came about because the Supreme Court ruled against a law that had been in place to tax certain public service businesses was unconstitutional. SWB had challenged the law and this was the result. So... the SC ruled that the law was good, but it applied to all businesses in the state now. The worthless legislature decided to put it to a vote of the people instead of going back and making the hard decisions on how to sort out their own mess. Idiots... fire them all.

A vote YES will do away with the tax for all entities (including those who were already being taxed this way like large public service entities).
A vote NO will keep the law in place and potentially ALL businesses will subjected to it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my understanding is that you vote FOR the proposal to STOP it from being implemented......correct?

The proposal bans taxes on intangible assets. If you want to ban that type of tax you vote YES to implement the proposal which bans the tax on intangible assets.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The schools dont need more money, they need to clean up there spending act.
There are 603 school districts in OK, there are 77 counties. Each district has well paid administration...does anyone other than me see a problem there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom