Stainless LPK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go to MAS gunworks had them install one in my lower for 65$ on the spot. don't remember who the mfg was but it has a real quality feel and an amazing trigger pull.

EDIT: and i just realized your from tulsa..... well i'm sure a quick call to MAS might help ya on this one.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Stainless steel my not be the best material for LPKs. Example; When S&W first started making revolvers of S.S the whole gun, frame & internals, were made of S.S. This format only lasted a couple of years because it was discovered that S.S. against S.S. will 'gauld' (create a roughness) between the interacting parts WITHOUT PROPER LUBRICATION. It's just the 'nature' of Stainless Steels. S.S is not a cure all, high carbon steel and alloy steels are better at some applications.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Stainless steel my not be the best material for LPKs. Example; When S&W first started making revolvers of S.S the whole gun, frame & internals, were made of S.S. This format only lasted a couple of years because it was discovered that S.S. against S.S. will 'gauld' (create a roughness) between the interacting parts WITHOUT PROPER LUBRICATION. It's just the 'nature' of Stainless Steels. S.S is not a cure all, high carbon steel and alloy steels are better at some applications.

To clarify this. If two parts in contact with each other are made of the same alloy SS, they will "gall." Sometimes this can result in complete seizure of the parts. I've seen this happen with a nut and bolt that were the same alloy, and they seized, to the point that for all intents and purposes, they could have been welded. However, this is solved by using different alloy SS in contacting parts. So, it could still work, but would require some serious thought by the designers.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldnt be a problem as I think the hammer and trigger never touch (only 2 SS items). The hammer touches the disconnect.

As far as the pins, I think they are a different alloy than the trigger/hammer.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldnt be a problem as I think the hammer and trigger never touch (only 2 SS items). The hammer touches the disconnect.

As far as the pins, I think they are a different alloy than the trigger/hammer.

That's my thoughts as well...I thought about trying one. I might pick one up for parts. Several distributors have carried them but no one says who makes 'em.

For cleaning purposes it could be cool, not that the hammer gets real dirty, anyway...

Eightuhp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hammer, Trigger, and Disconnect are SS. Every trigger that has been installed up at MAS went together great. A little heavy on the pull on a few of them but always a smooth crisp break! Well worth it in my book and it looks cool!!:wink2: