Status of Canadian Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that last pic, it looks like the foundation is gone from the one side of the pavement - was that the result of the storm, or a pre-existing condition?

That's just where dirt was blown out from under the slab. It doesn't have a footing like a house slab does.

There are some other pictures of the range on page 2 of this thread, in case you missed reading it. One of them seems to show the office and west end of the range still being "mostly intact."

Status of Canadian Range

Based on what I'm seeing, it might be a while before my youngest son (41-years-old) and I go out to shoot our 308's.

I will be out Saturday to shoot, come on out. If you want, call first. Harry's number is 262-9011.

Better than it did a week ago, huh oneof79?

It is a lot better than it was. All the big stuff that requires heavy equipment is still where it was. If it doesn't rain they will work on it some this week, I bet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out Saturday to shoot, come on out. If you want, call first. Harry's number is 262-9011.

I would have loved to go shoot with you, but I'm recovering from cataract surgery on both eyes. As it stands, my right eye (dominate for shooting) is focused at a close distance. I'm scheduled for another optometrist visit on the 18th of this month, at which I hope I can be tested for new glasses. While my eyes have been improved from 20-400 to closer to 20-25 overall, I wouldn't be able to focus on a target bull at 100 yards. So, it will likely be after the first of July before I can even think about going shooting.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have loved to go shoot with you, but I'm recovering from cataract surgery on both eyes. As it stands, my right eye (dominate for shooting) is focused at a close distance. I'm scheduled for another optometrist visit on the 18th of this month, at which I hope I can be tested for new glasses. While my eyes have been improved from 20-400 to closer to 20-25 overall, I wouldn't be able to focus on a target bull at 100 yards. So, it will likely be after the first of July before I can even think about going shooting.

Come on out any way. I will likely have my Garand, besides you're not supposed to focus on the target, just the front sight.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very tempting. I'm still "breaking in" my DPMS 308 as well as getting it zeroed for 100 yards. I'm dealing only with iron sights for now, so to really get a good zero, I still need to see the bull.

Are you out there on a regular basis?

I have a couple of rifles with scopes but mostly I shoot iron sights. I am there almost every weekend unless someone drags me out to OKCGC to shoot at 600 yards. Get there early and avoid the dreaded rush and crazy shooters. :)

Bear88SS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know if the range will be open this Sunday? I gave the number a few calls with no one answering. Taking a few nongun people shooting if it is open!

Latest posts

Top Bottom