Step 1: Don't Go To War With Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanook 450

Marksman
Reaction score
I grew up in Austin and graduated OU... lived in Norman since '79. I don't know many Okies that "hate" Texas except for sports rivalry and they readily admit a large percentage of Oklahoma players come from Texas. Should Texas create its own state, maybe Oklahoma and every other contiguous state could join them... sure would solve a lot of Federal government issues.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always kinda hoped that, in the event that things got bad enough for Texas to leave the union, Oklahoma would shortly after be known as the Northern Territory.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mowing yesterday when this piece came on NPR. I reached down and hit another preset and the first station I hit had this on, at this exact point:

...and that man comes on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination

:D

Life is funny.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mowing yesterday when this piece came on NPR. I reached down and hit another preset and the first station I hit had this on, at this exact point:

...and that man comes on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination

:D

Life is funny.

It's like a message from Gawd.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Austin and graduated OU... lived in Norman since '79. I don't know many Okies that "hate" Texas except for sports rivalry and they readily admit a large percentage of Oklahoma players come from Texas. Should Texas create its own state, maybe Oklahoma and every other contiguous state could join them... sure would solve a lot of Federal government issues.

Texas was smart enough to have it written in their statehood that they could succeed from the union if they wanted, I do not believe any other state has that option.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas was smart enough to have it written in their statehood that they could succeed from the union if they wanted, I do not believe any other state has that option.

They did, and they did.

After secession they were forcefully re-united along with several other southern states, and that clause, along with the ability to divide into 5 states went to the ash heap.

The next secession will have the same results. Federal troops will mobilize in about 5 minutes after declaration.
The Union could not allow Pantex Nuclear weapons plant to fall into ANY other government's control.

Loss of 50% of the nations refining capacity, 90% of the petrochemical productions, and a major sea port would cripple the rest of the states.

I would love to see it, but I wouldn't love the war that would result from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom