Still Trapping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was averaging a cat a week, but the last two weeks have been slow. Last week caught nothing, zip, zero, zilch, so hopefully it was the weather. Two skunks this morn, maybe things are starting to move again. Kanokla fur buyer paid well last Sunday for the cats and coons.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what was going prices?

Was averaging a cat a week, but the last two weeks have been slow. Last week caught nothing, zip, zero, zilch, so hopefully it was the weather. Two skunks this morn, maybe things are starting to move again. Kanokla fur buyer paid well last Sunday for the cats and coons.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to pull our traps last weekend after my buddy broke his leg loading his 4 wheeler on his pickup with his ramps. It happened so fast he doesn't remember what happened, but his ramps are narrow to say the least, and with the snow, I'm betting he just slipped off the side. His surgery to put screws, etc was on tuesday, and he got out of the hospital today.
Plus, I'm totally involved in getting my new man cave wired for electric, and compressed air. Spent all day today putting up conduit, pulling wire, etc.
I will take a break tomorrow to get gunner out and hunt quail for the last upland hunt of the season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Cats were $110 and coons paid $8. Sorry to hear about your friends leg. Taking care of your friends and working on man caves trumps traplines any day. Hope he's recovering well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cats were $110 and coons paid $8. Sorry to hear about your friends leg. Taking care of your friends and working on man caves trumps traplines any day. Hope he's recovering well.

He is in a lot of pain. Was over there about an hour ago. It took the lower leg bone, and drove it into the upper leg bone. He was cut from mid thigh to mid shin.
I did get out on the quail hunt this am, but didn't see anything in the heavy snow.
I went by the landowners house to check on a couple of skunk traps we have set. The got under the house, and stunk it up pretty good. He just uses it for a hunting cabin. So far we have got 5 skunks. That may be all of them. Had a Coon and possum in the traps this morning. Two more nest robbers gone.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom