Stillwater bail agent acquitted in shooting of client

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be getting paid, no way, no how.

Yep, I'm with you. I've been called a couple of times over the years. "I work for lawyers and am married to a JBT" gets me off the hook every time. Thank God. I can do my civic duty some other way than to be trapped in a room with a bunch of mouth-breathers.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad deal for me. My job still paid me and I got 20 bucks a day from the court house. Lots of people were teachers and they got pretty screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's my understanding that teachers have the option of keeping the jury duty pay and losing their salary for those days or giving the jury duty money to the school and receiving their salary

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regard to juries, I had a co-worker that served jury duty on a drug case. (We worked for the OSBI.) When it came time to deliberate, my co-worker told me that none of the rest of the jurors had any idea that possession of drugs with intent to sell was a more serious crime than simple possession of drugs. The perp was charged with Possession with Intent and was convicted.

As for this guy that was killed, that one story posted by CHenry pretty well explains where the mix-up occurred. In that case, the DA filed Murder in the First degree and later asked for the option of some form of Manslaughter as an alternative, but the judge denied the option for Manslaughter. Thus, the jury had to consider Murder One only with no option for a lesser charge.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regard to juries, I had a co-worker that served jury duty on a drug case. (We worked for the OSBI.) When it came time to deliberate, my co-worker told me that none of the rest of the jurors had any idea that possession of drugs with intent to sell was a more serious crime than simple possession of drugs. The perp was charged with Possession with Intent and was convicted.

As for this guy that was killed, that one story posted by CHenry pretty well explains where the mix-up occurred. In that case, the DA filed Murder in the First degree and later asked for the option of some form of Manslaughter as an alternative, but the judge denied the option for Manslaughter. Thus, the jury had to consider Murder One only with no option for a lesser charge.

That explains why I didn't see it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now that I’ve heard more of the story, I can see how the jury was hamstrung by the judge’s decision not to allow the consideration of a manslaughter charge. Faced with the strictures of a murder charge, they had no choice but to find the woman not guilty.

The prosecutor apparently screwed the pooch by going for murder one, and the judge did a b!tch slap by not allowing the consideration of a lesser charge.

Sheesh.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too late the OSA jury has ruled: the jurors were all mouth breathers.

Not OSA, just me!:blush: I'm an equal opportunity hater -- from judges who jack off during proceedings, lawyers who nit-pick the law to death and use technicalities to get their guilty clients off, police and detectives who only care about closing the case, DAs who only care about conviction rates and those mouth-breathing jurors -- I have no love for anyone in the "criminal justice system".

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the heck, one more dirtbag off the street and we are not supporting for the next 50 years in jail.
I would call it a win for the good guys..

If you're trying to be a person, you're doing it wrong and i assure you that you dont speak for the good guys.

Much as i have no desire to live next to a common criminal who might try and steal my lawnmower when i'm away from home, i'd certainly choose that over living next door to someone who places no value on human life and sees the world only in black and white. Those who like to stand tall on their soap box -loudly and proudly dishing out labels and pretending to be an expert in judging good from bad are more often than not the ones who are in most need of taking an honest look at their own life and deeds. Let he without sin, cast the first stone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom