Stock Trailer Flooring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am starting to look into a new floor for my stock trailer, hauled some calves to the vet Saturday and they punched through the bottom.

Has anyone ever put in some the rubber flooring? I’m wondering how durable it is and if it has lasted, ease of installation too.

Thanks

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have but knows people that have and make sure to remove it after each use or it will make the floor rot faster, or atleast stand it on its edge so air can get to the boards

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am starting to look into a new floor for my stock trailer, hauled some calves to the vet Saturday and they punched through the bottom.

Has anyone ever put in some the rubber flooring? I’m wondering how durable it is and if it has lasted, ease of installation too.

Thanks
Does it need to be tongue and groove? Could you use 2x10s? I don’t know anything about cattle. It seems like most trailers use thick wood.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have re decked two trailers with the recycled plastic 5/4 X6 deck boards from Lowes. After stripping the floor to the frame, I did have to add some additional cross bracing as those boards are not as rigid as wood.
I'm hauling tractors that weigh up to 11,000 pounds on those trailers with zero issues.
What's good is that those boards will still be good when I'm pushing daisy's and beyond.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow, A hoof thru the floor sounds like all sorts of trouble. Cant help on the mats
I have re decked two trailers with the recycled plastic 5/4 X6 deck boards from Lowes. After stripping the floor to the frame, I did have to add some additional cross bracing as those boards are not as rigid as wood.
I'm hauling tractors that weigh up to 11,000 pounds on those trailers with zero issues.
What's good is that those boards will still be good when I'm pushing daisy's and beyond.
any traction problems getting the tractors up there with wet tires?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, my deck with 24" spaceings is getting old and I was thinking. Used to be the plastic was way too expensive with the additional support needed. Amazing petro plastic is getting less expensive than dirt grown trees. Maby I should build a log deck. Humm

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last floor that was put in, I had the bright idea to put rubber horse stall mats on top of it thinking they would keep the water from getting to it and letting the floor rot. I missed that one by a mile. Rickm is right on with that one.

I don’t think tongue and groove would work on a stock trailer as the manure wouldn’t be able to get out, I usually leave 3/4” between boards.

Thanks for the heads up on the recycled boards dennishoddy.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother looked into the rubber boards to refloor his stock trailer and got sticker shock, but then again, even wood flooring will give a person sticker shock now. I’ve got 3 trailers that need new floors, and my friend who runs a lumber yard has told me to hold off a little longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom