Stocks are for losers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can convert a lower back to title 1 status and sell it like that. It would be a good idea to notify the ATF and have some confirmation back from them first though. Any reason why you'd want to sell a stipped SBR lower? you've got $300 in it with the stamp and it's maybe worth $75?

There is nothing you can do with this contraption that an SBR can't/won't do except suck for $250.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can convert a lower back to title 1 status and sell it like that. It would be a good idea to notify the ATF and have some confirmation back from them first though. Any reason why you'd want to sell a stipped SBR lower? you've got $300 in it with the stamp and it's maybe worth $75?

There is nothing you can do with this contraption that an SBR can't/won't do except suck for $250.

I can see where going with an SBR would make more sense in this situation - if you know you'll hang onto that SBR for a long time. If you get bored and buy/sell firearms on a regular basis like I've done, an SBR can get pretty expensive and restrictive, so non-restrictive avenues like the SF and possibly this chin-rest stock become more attractive. To each his or her own.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a lower... If you want to sell it, buy a stripped lower, move all the parts over and sell it as a pistol. Leave the SBR lower in the safe for the next project. You can make any change to length and caliber to an SBR you want. Just send the ATF a letter if the change is permanent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom