Stocks are for losers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the 2nd video that shows various people shooting it in different positions.

Honestly, for .223 I can see it working very well. Maybe not for a 1000 round carbine class, but for general use it looks handy. The big question is price. I would only pay $30 tops for it. Otherwise, I'd just get a tax stamp and SBR it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks silly. Seems like it would feel silly to use too. Realistically, I think the only application for this would be in situations just like in the above video: fun shooting out at the range. For any serious or competitive application, I'd only trust putting a stock on my shoulder and not on my face.

I wouldn't mind trying it, out of curiosity.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes lets compare a pistol configured AR to a M4 configured AR and see which feels like it weighs more. Tards should have compared two similarly setup ARs, one in the pistol configuration and one in a SBR configuration. Not two different ARs setup with completely different parts. Easy to obtain the desired results by rigging the comparison!!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't hear the video, but if I'm correct, they're touting a new way to fire a pistol-configured AR by using the chin as a resting point, right? I assume that rig can be moved from one AR pistol to another, or the upper swapped out, etc. Those are things you can not do with a registered SBR, or at least not to the same degree, am I correct? That may be a reason for not simply going the SBR route, much like the Slidefire stock gives you the ability to swap between any number of AR rifles/carbines as long as the caliber provides enough recoil for the SF stock to work properly. I've moved a single SF stock from a 5.56 AR rifle to a 9mm carbine to a 5.45x39 carbine - that's a total of $350 compared to $600 worth of tax stamps, and I have much less of a headache selling the AR's after I get bored with them. Things to consider before trotting out the "Just get a stamp" recommendation.

Having said that, I'm not keen on the idea of using my chin to absorb any impact from firing an AR. That could result in jaw dislocations down the line, or neck issues, etc.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't hear the video, but if I'm correct, they're touting a new way to fire a pistol-configured AR by using the chin as a resting point, right? I assume that rig can be moved from one AR pistol to another, or the upper swapped out, etc. Those are things you can not do with a registered SBR, or at least not to the same degree, am I correct? That may be a reason for not simply going the SBR route, much like the Slidefire stock gives you the ability to swap between any number of AR rifles/carbines as long as the caliber provides enough recoil for the SF stock to work properly. I've moved a single SF stock from a 5.56 AR rifle to a 9mm carbine to a 5.45x39 carbine - that's a total of $350 compared to $600 worth of tax stamps, and I have much less of a headache selling the AR's after I get bored with them. Things to consider before trotting out the "Just get a stamp" recommendation..

You do know that you just register the lower as an SBR not the entire rifle so you can constantly change it to what ever you want right?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know that you just register the lower as an SBR not the entire rifle so you can constantly change it to what ever you want right?

You can change the caliber of the SBR without additional paperwork? Even so, if you strip the lower completely, it's still registered as an SBR and can only be sold as such, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom