Stocky's New Long Range Composite Stock- Remington 700

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has any purchased the Stocky's New Long Range Composite Stock for a Remington 700? it has the aluminum Accublock in it. I know you get what you pay for $199 is not a bad price. I have a Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag barreled action, sporter barrel, to put in it. Also, I want to add a PTG bottom metal to it.
I just want to put together a light weight hunting rifle.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy on snipers hide reviewed it, said it was best bang for the buck and quality was there with the big guys. A few preferred it over manners/mcmillan.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy on snipers hide reviewed it, said it was best bang for the buck and quality was there with the big guys. A few preferred it over manners/mcmillan.

Could you post a link the review?
I was looking, it only comes in a BDL version. I want a to install a a PTG bottom metal. I wonder if it can be inlet.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a light weight hunting rifle but yet want to run a ptg bottom metal with aics pattern mags? I also wonder what kind of experience the guy has if he prefers it over a mcmillan or manners...

It seems like it might be a viable option for those on a budget, but I think the Boyds stocks with pillars and bedding is a better option. Also the new magpul stock for those running short action receivers. For $200 it would be worth a gamble. Though if you truly want a light weight hunting rifle I would look elsewhere.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess a better way of saying it is a "lighter" weight hunting rifle, than what I have in 308. It does not necessarily need to be a light weight, just not 15lbs.
Besides, I did not ask for your opinion on the choice of parts I am putting on it, just if anyone could review the Stocky’s stock. I have completely different reason for wanting an AICS magazine.
As far as experience goes, stop building your ego, it was not asked for. Your statement sort of makes me question your manhood.
Lastly, I do not understand the reason why you posted if you do not know anything about the stock I asked about. If you want to troll, go to one of the political threads.

You want a light weight hunting rifle but yet want to run a ptg bottom metal with aics pattern mags? I also wonder what kind of experience the guy has if he prefers it over a mcmillan or manners...

It seems like it might be a viable option for those on a budget, but I think the Boyds stocks with pillars and bedding is a better option. Also the new magpul stock for those running short action receivers. For $200 it would be worth a gamble. Though if you truly want a light weight hunting rifle I would look elsewhere.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess a better way of saying it is a "lighter" weight hunting rifle, than what I have in 308. It does not necessarily need to be a light weight, just not 15lbs.
Besides, I did not ask for your opinion on the choice of parts I am putting on it, just if anyone could review the Stocky’s stock. I have completely different reason for wanting an AICS magazine.
As far as experience goes, stop building your ego, it was not asked for. Your statement sort of makes me question your manhood.
Lastly, I do not understand the reason why you posted if you do not know anything about the stock I asked about. If you want to troll, go to one of the political threads.

You can think about my manhood all you want, but I am not sure why you feel it necessary. I am not sure why you took offense to my post, but I am sorry to have upset you so much. I offered up a handful of things to think about as well as another viable option for a budget stock. One that many people actually have experience with over one that right now few even know about. I am sure in the years to come more and more people will own the stock you are so intrigued by, but right now it is just too new. Even at only $200 it is worth the gamble just as I mentioned.

I have no experience with the stock you are asking about which is made clear by my post. Just thought I could help by throwing another option out there. Good luck with your search.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all good, I went through all of these options a couple of years ago, in building up a 308. I ended up with a Mcree Chassis system, which is very nice and very heavy. I did kill a deer at 175 yards freehanded with it, out of a climbing stand.
I have a few reasons why I want a 7mm rem mag, setup the way I want it. I am on a 36,000 acre deer lease. OVer the summer we drive around it in a UTV. About once a weekend, I will see hogs 300-400 yards across a clearcut. I don't drive around with loaded guns. So, a magazine system is my fastest option to load a rifle. I will trade a little weight for speed to load. If I am looking at custom stocks, along with most people, most have already looked at Manners and McMillan. I have a short action boyt's stocks sitting in my reloading rooms waiting on my grandson to get big enough to convert his 243 to a 308.
I wanted to know if anyone had actually purchased one of the stocks near me, hoping I may actually be able to touch one, before wasting money.

You can think about my manhood all you want, but I am not sure why you feel it necessary. I am not sure why you took offense to my post, but I am sorry to have upset you so much. I offered up a handful of things to think about as well as another viable option for a budget stock. One that many people actually have experience with over one that right now few even know about. I am sure in the years to come more and more people will own the stock you are so intrigued by, but right now it is just too new. Even at only $200 it is worth the gamble just as I mentioned.

I have no experience with the stock you are asking about which is made clear by my post. Just thought I could help by throwing another option out there. Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Top Bottom