Stoeger Luger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed mine for about 3 weeks. Once I found out what it fed properly (CCI Stingers), I shot the hoot out of it. Then, last weekend, I traded it for a S&W Model 34-l. Easy come, easy go.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I enjoyed mine for about 3 weeks. Once I found out what it fed properly (CCI Stingers), I shot the hoot out of it. Then, last weekend, I traded it for a S&W Model 34-l. Easy come, easy go.

I think you got the better end of the trade, and I would hold onto that 34-1. Years ago in Germany I bought one of the Erma Lugers. When they built that one it must of been during the middle of the week. She ate everything she was fed, and thought she was a SW 41, she shot that well. Its a gun I would have never sold. What happened to her????? Well compliments to the ATF she fell with a set of serial numbers that wouldn't allow her to enter the US, so I had to take her back to the Rod & Gun store, for a full refund. Its one of only two handguns I ever had refused by the ATF. To this day I miss that pistol, but refuse to purchase any that have been available for sale here in the US.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was a bummer. I'm led to believe that the Erma's were a little better than the Stoeger's. Probably just a matter of opinion. Mine was a very natural pointing pistol and very easy to target in the plinking mode.

But it don't hold a candle to the 34. BTW, it wasn't an even trade; I had to fork over a little. It was worth it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That was a bummer. I'm led to believe that the Erma's were a little better than the Stoeger's. Probably just a matter of opinion. Mine was a very natural pointing pistol and very easy to target in the plinking mode.

But it don't hold a candle to the 34. BTW, it wasn't an even trade; I had to fork over a little. It was worth it.

Yes it did, and the second was even worse. I purchased a brand new in the box all tags and everything 1935/1950 Beretta in .380 from a Beretta rep through our Rod & Gun store for only 150.00 knowing good and well I could turn it for a good penny here in the US, but alas the ATF kicked that one back as well.

Keep the 34, as she will only climb in value, plus like you said they are loads of fun to shoot, and don't cost an arm and leg to keep running.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Erma .22 Luger as well as the Stoeger. I never could get the Erma to feed anything properly. I also made the mistake of disassembling it once and lost a little spring. Bob's Gun Parts had a replacement though, I was amazed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom