Stopped at Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met David one time and he gave me his secret to chicken wings. He folds them into triangles and seasons generously on both sides. Heat your smoker to about 300 and once the entire baking rack is filled with them, throw them in the trash. Wings aren't worth messing with as long as thighs exist.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago before Butchers was built, the Pioneer BBQ was next door on the other side of their parking lot.
The place was a dive / bar.
Probably the worst BBQ sauce on the planet.
However their smoked ham and smoked steak sammiches were outstanding.

Does anyone know if Butchers and Pioneer were in anyway related?

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 481351

Have heard about it for years, but every time we drove by it was backed up and we never stopped.

Well everyone apparently went to the lake or something because we pulled in and there was like 5-10 cars.

Here’s what we got.

Wife
View attachment 481352
Mine
View attachment 481353

They come with a Twinkle for dessert. 😁

Everything was very tasty and the meats were very well cooked.

Glad we finally made it in.
Love butchers, we buy approximately $1,500 of their bbq ever year, we have a military reunion, at ridgcrest, (cabins at Bellcow) best bbq ever.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met David one time and he gave me his secret to chicken wings. He folds them into triangles and seasons generously on both sides. Heat your smoker to about 300 and once the entire baking rack is filled with them, throw them in the trash. Wings aren't worth messing with as long as thighs exist.
Sounds like cooking carp. Do them on a cedar shingle for smoking at 350 for two hours.
Throw away the carp and eat the shingle.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. This is good stuff. I went here on Mother's Day morning to get lunch. Arrived at 10 a.m., one hour after their doors open, to pick up my food ~ 11:15. Per usual, I got burnt ends, slab ribs and smoked turkey with several sausages. They have great, friendly service and delicious food. A+

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago before Butchers was built, the Pioneer BBQ was next door on the other side of their parking lot.
The place was a dive / bar.
Probably the worst BBQ sauce on the planet.
However their smoked ham and smoked steak sammiches were outstanding.

Does anyone know if Butchers and Pioneer were in anyway related?
From what I heard, after Pioneer burnt, the people that own butchers bought the place. I ate at Pioneer many a time. Mostly burgers which were okay since it was the only place in town at the time.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been smoking meats for years. My son could run the smoker as a little fella paying attention to everything from prep to smoking times to eyeballing the meats to know if they were done. I don't use a temperature gauge. He decided he was gonna do a competition and loaded my smoker and Weber kettle on my trailer. He felt a little intimidated when he pulled up and saw all the fancy bbq smokers lined up. Told him not to fret and smoke those meats the same way as we do at home. Little dusty but legible.
20240529_153040.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom