storm cost update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“regulators are too cozy with utilities”

Similar thing gave a certain aircraft manufacturer 737 max sized problems after a couple of them didn’t quite make the bounce off the rocks.
You folks who think big government does good, look again at the product. Wasted/stolen funds and dead folks.
100% CORRECT.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. homeowner's insurance is the highest in the nation. 25% higher than the national average. We are really getting ripped off. Now all of our rates will go up to pay for Fla. You would think some of these elected officials would try to do something about this.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I read it, this is the best line. They interviewed the leader of the protests:
(The Protest Organizer) admitted it’s unknown whether there were any criminal violations of law in the creation of the Act and how it was implemented for the utilities.

“Yeh, I think we need to look into that. If the AG won’t do anything, I absolutely think the DA should look into it. These companies made hundreds of millions of dollars. People got hit on this deal.”

It looks like they're just ticked off that the bonds were sold. I guess he would have rather had those sky-high gas bills during the big freeze like they did in Texas? At least this way we get to pay it off over 20 some-odd years instead of all at once with $2500 gas bills for this month.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“regulators are too cozy with utilities”

Similar thing gave a certain aircraft manufacturer 737 max sized problems after a couple of them didn’t quite make the bounce off the rocks.
You folks who think big government does good, look again at the product. Wasted/stolen funds and dead folks.

This is called regulatory capture.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I read it, this is the best line. They interviewed the leader of the protests:
(The Protest Organizer) admitted it’s unknown whether there were any criminal violations of law in the creation of the Act and how it was implemented for the utilities.

“Yeh, I think we need to look into that. If the AG won’t do anything, I absolutely think the DA should look into it. These companies made hundreds of millions of dollars. People got hit on this deal.”

It looks like they're just ticked off that the bonds were sold. I guess he would have rather had those sky-high gas bills during the big freeze like they did in Texas? At least this way we get to pay it off over 20 some-odd years instead of all at once with $2500 gas bills for this month.
the problem is that all the extra cost involved with the bonds make you pay an exorbitant amount. maybe it would have been cheaper for the rate payer to just pay each fair share according to their usage in a lump sum??? could be you could have borrowed the money to pay your share and saved a bunch of money??? IDK

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the problem is that all the extra cost involved with the bonds make you pay an exorbitant amount. maybe it would have been cheaper for the rate payer to just pay each fair share according to their usage in a lump sum??? could be you could have borrowed the money to pay your share and saved a bunch of money??? IDK
Yeah, for some just getting a huge bill a couple of months later ($2500 or more) would have been fine, but I guess you have to look at the average person living paycheck to paycheck and think, would they be able to pay that? Would they take out a loan? Would they just throw a fit and blame government for not giving them free utilities? I think that given the circumstances they did what they had to do.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, for some just getting a huge bill a couple of months later ($2500 or more) would have been fine, but I guess you have to look at the average person living paycheck to paycheck and think, would they be able to pay that? Would they take out a loan? Would they just throw a fit and blame government for not giving them free utilities? I think that given the circumstances they did what they had to do.
i see your point. the issue i think here is not that they bonded but that the bonding was done in a way that was overly expensive just so some could make more money. profiteering???

Latest posts

Top Bottom