Storm Lake Barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a storm lake extended threaded barrel for my XD9 Service a while back. The barrel shot very well and went right in the gun. I took it to the swap meet last september and got to try it out on an AAC silencer with a gemtech booster installed. Well, the guide rod on the pistol interfered with the can and I was quite disheartened. It wouldn't work. :(

I waited until my trident cleared before I made contact with storm lake. Once I got my trident in the barrel was just long enough for the new Don's Guide Rod to clear the back of the booster during recoil. Lucky, but it was very close, probably within a millimeter. It worked, but it was just a little close for comfort.

I decided to take some pictures and email Storm Lake about it and let them know that they may want to do some research into this. I emailed David there back and forth a couple times and he was very appreciative of the feedback and said they would investigate. Email turn around has always been < 24hours...fantastic customer service.

Fast forward a couple months to May of 2009. I posted on my youtube video about the barrel being too short that I loved the barrel but wouldn't buy another unless they made them longer. In may, someone replied to that post that they were now 4.75" long instead of 4.55" long.

So I dig up my old emails to Storm Lake thinking them for making the barrels longer and asked if they would mind doing an exchange for me. Within 24 hours again I have an entusiastic reply that they would be happy to exchange it and a thanks for helping in bringing the issue to their attention.

So I got around to mailing them the barrel after we got settled in our new house and I waited a couple weeks and finally emailed them to make sure they got it and asked when to expect the new one. I got another 24 hour or less reply that they had received it and that it would ship out on Aug 18. I was super happy with this so I replied and thanked David and told him how great their customer service was yesterday (July 29).

I get an email back this morning (July 30) that they appreciate the postive feedback and with a tracking number for my new barrel which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (July 31).

I can't say enough about these guys. Quick email responses with real answers. These guys are A+++++ 100% in my book. If you are looking for a barrel for you pistol, check them out first.

http://www.stormlakebarrel.com/

Barrel:
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_712155ce.jpg

In Recoil with Don's Guide Rod
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_DSC02106.jpg

In Battery with Don's Guide Rod
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_DSC02103.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my replacement barrel installed. Wow these guys are amazing. They even sent me a new thread protector free of charge with the new barrel.

Here are some photos. Scared the crap out of me taking them on the coffee table. ;)

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_442e414d.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_10395f28.jpg

Much, much better clearance between the guide rod and suppressor.
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_68c2249b.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to add them to the list.

So far, Tab Gear, Timney Triggers (contacted me on this very site), and CZ's Kansas City Service Center have impressed me the most with customer satisfaction.

Hmmmm. I smell a sticky brewing...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shoots great. I need to run some more rounds through this barrel to get her broken in though. I was having a few cycling issues without the can and factory ammo. I think a little lube and a couple hundred rounds will work it in nicely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom