Street Outlaws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is all scripted BS, like discovery does best, so I don't read into the drama. I do love seeing the awesome cars. I'm pretty sure that the GTR wasn't 1500hp, and was more like 1000hp and belonged to T1.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you that the guys that run 8 second quarters on 10.5 tires at the track giggle when they see 10 second cars on huge tires.
Just like the guys with the huge tires giggle when they see the 10.5 cars on the street.
Now on 1/8th mile cars, I've never been there so I can't say.
They are right, it is a different animal.

I just wish they were using actual street (daily driver) cars, and very few of these are.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you that the guys that run 8 second quarters on 10.5 tires at the track giggle when they see 10 second cars on huge tires.
A 10sec car wouldn't make that top 10 list. And a couple of those cars run sub-8sec 1/4s. They race 1/8th on the street so they don't have to run >190.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wish they were using actual street (daily driver) cars, and very few of these are.

No kidding. Funny they try to pass this off as "illegal street racing" with trailered cars and a dozen flood lights set up on a highly traveled, divided highway 81 with one of the most aggressive speed trap police presences in the state.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We met Sean by chance one afternoon. What I will tell you was he was a great guy to everyone who approached him. He time to talk to them all. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 10sec car wouldn't make that top 10 list. And a couple of those cars run sub-8sec 1/4s. They race 1/8th on the street so they don't have to run >190.
And that has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.
And I agree some of them run sub 8 second 1/4's if they are set up for 1/4 mile. But there are 10.5 cars that run sub 7 second 1/4s.
But everyone on the show knows all of this going in, don't they?

And from episode 1 Andrade (?) the new guy (on the list) may end up king of the hill on launch ability alone. That car leaves hard and he was right on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom