1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RugersGR8, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:08 AM.

1. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

2. cjjtulsa

cjjtulsa Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So - most pollution is caused by manufacturing and industry; are they saying that whites are creating and contributing more to production than blacks and Hispanics? Imagine that.

Man, I read so much about how awful those white people are. They should just move them all to their own country where they can just be mean and oppressive to each other.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Next they'll do a study on Whites and find that we wear clothes and work. Of course we pollute more, we have to drive to work, mow our lawns, go to school to obtain an education so we can keep and maintain our homes and pay more taxes. I guess we could stop all the nonsense but then who would take care of us? If they would only shut down the electrical power plants and oil refineries....

dennishoddy and swampratt like this.
  4. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So sick of always dividing things by race. I'm guessing there's more that a few white people that live close to these manufacturing sites.
    Imagine if race was not mentioned at all in that article, and it just said that lower income people live in areas with more pollution.
    That's the normal way of things; nice houses aren't built next to giant smoke stacks, why make it about race?

We're doomed.

5. Cards81fan

Cards81fan Sharpshooter

That's the point the article makes waaay down the page. But then brings up race when it further points out that income level correlates with race.

But I agree and think "Whites consume more and thus cause more pollution" coupled with "Whites live in the 'burbs away from polluted air" is an intellectually dishonest to frame it. As race correlates with income, it doesn't determine one's income (nor obviously does income determine race).

6. Cards81fan

Cards81fan Sharpshooter

LOL wow.

7. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The richest guy I knew was Black and the poorest guy I knew was white.
    But it is not about color it is about some people just do better than others in the game of Life.

chuter likes this.
  8. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's true that poverty is disproportionate to people of color. This is a bigger factor than race in this particular "study". I haven't read the study, but if the authors are truly scientific, it would be interesting to read it line by line and see what it says. I might have to look it up...

9. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

They were attacking cops, veterans, conservatives, patriots, Trump-which is ongoing-and now they are attacking Whites which ahas been going on for some time (White Privilege). We are all citizens of this country and we had better all pull together or as it is written, "The house that is divided against itself will fall." There is absolutely no reason why we all can't get along but someone is stirring up trouble...we need to ferret out that individualist. Soros or ???

10. jmike314

jmike314 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If I may........
    I would like to formally request that all of you cease & desist with your mucking up of the planet.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

The nerve of some people.

[​IMG]

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
    - Oobedoob Benubi