• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Subcompact 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ll carry a Kimber Micro 9 and don’t know about weight but I don’t think you’ll find one much smaller.
F6F0364F-9C14-46CA-A57F-83D0F3BC7A09.jpeg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sig P-938, but lightweight equals more recoil. Is the daughter prepared for that?

Wife carries the Sig P-238 in 380. It's a very nice pistol that's easy to shoot, easy to rack, and easy to hit the target.

I'd suggest you take her to a range and rent a few different models to shoot --- then let her decide. Sometimes if you pick the gun, even if it's the right one, it'll be the wrong one if she doesn't pick it.

Good luck!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wife carries the Sig P-238 in 380. It's a very nice pistol that's easy to shoot, easy to rack, and easy to hit the target.

I'd suggest you take her to a range and rent a few different models to shoot --- then let her decide. Sometimes if you pick the gun, even if it's the right one, it'll be the wrong one if she doesn't pick it.

Good luck!
We did exactly that when my wife wanted to select "her" gun. Cost us several hundred bucks with different models before she selected the Sig.
Now she complains about the recoil, only wanting to shoot the Kimber .45acp when going to the range as it doesn't "kick" so much. Used it when getting her CC permit.
I still ask her weekly where her gun is?
Answer, in your truck.
No, it's in the door pocket where I put it when you're driving alone to Tulsa to visit MIL. You didn't see it?
Blank look.
It frustrates me as I keep drilling how the shat will go down in parking lots and so on when It appears to fall on deaf ears.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Good luck!
Not going to a 9mm short (380). She is my daughter, we have shot a lot together. We started shooting together when she was 7, she is 24 now. I have a good idea what she wants. Looking for a polymer 9mm. That’s what she likes.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You might take a peek at the new Smith Equalizer, it's easier for people with weaker hands to rack the slide. Don't know what your daughters hand strength is, but if she is that petite it might be an issue. Mags range from 10 to 15 rounds depending on how long you want them, with a 13 rounder in between. Also mag compatible with the Smith Shield Plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom