Subcompact/Pocket pistols, which one should I go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of those listed my pick would be the Glock 43.
Unless you plan on pocket carry being the primary mode of carry for the new pistol.
That would tip the scales in favor of the CM-9 or a S&W J-frame.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pic would be the G43 as well.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160225_912cf63b8a300fa0a47c347b897316e7.jpg

Slick chooter, ready to check that Ext out

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of those listed my pick would be the Glock 43.
Unless you plan on pocket carry being the primary mode of carry for the new pistol.
That would tip the scales in favor of the CM-9 or a S&W J-frame.

I primarily pocket carry my 43. If I'm gonna run something on my hip I run a P-07

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys have big pockets!!!!

Having spent a lot of range time recently with the cm9, g26, and the g43...the Khar shoots great...if it wasn't for that looooooooooonnnnggggg reset. It is a very tight, heavily sprung gun. It has not been a 100% gun...maybe 99%. It has had some weird unrepeatable hiccups. The g26 is, well, a glock. Eats everything you feed it. It's a fat booger. No way I would pocket carry...but I wouldn't with any of the 3. The g43 is very similar in size as the cm9. 100% eats everything, every time...like it's bigger brothers and sisters. It's trigger is the same as other glocks...which I much prefer to the khar. To me if it was down to the cm and the 43, I wouldn't even consider the cm9.

Just my.02

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think 2A had a bronze one a while back that was purdy. One of the G43s comes with a u notch rear paired with a Trijicon front.

I went by there today b/c it's not far from my work, to fondle the CW9/PM9 and G43 before I made my final choice. They didn't have any G43's and said they are hard to get right now. I still like the CM9/PM9 awesome trigger, but the G43 just makes more sense for me.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a Walther PPS, as well, and an XD9 Mod.2. Have yet to shoot either, but they sure are nice on basic examination.

Been debating between these two or the XDS45 Mod 2. I bet the wife would like the PPS. Interested in finding out what you think after shooting them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom