Sunday, Sunday, Sunday: LaPierre & Bloomberg - Meet the Press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I miss something... Bloomberg was saying 90% of the people want stricter gun laws, the polls I'v seen posted (mostly links on here) do not back this up and wondering why LaPierre didn't jump all over his numbers. Other than that thought LaPierre did a good job.

I still don't get why anyone could posibly believe any of this will make any difference except to be a pain for law abiding gun owners. As we all know, the bad guys are not going to care what laws are passed.

Bloomberg is lying of course.
90% of people polled in a left poll say they want background checks, but ask these same people if they will want registration and see how many say yes. Explain to them the historical basis of how registration leads to confiscation, and then poll them. The 90% number is a hoakey, manufactured number.

another argument is that even if 90% plus people wanted stricter gun laws, the question is: are they constitutional?
Just because 90% plus people want to ban freedom of speech on the Internet does not mean it is constitutional.
A natural, God-given right is a natural God given right.

also, love how Bloomberg AND that ape-like creature who is the host, kept begging for background checks. Sounds so reasonable, doesn't it?
For a look at why these lefty useful idiots really want UBCs, check this thread out:
https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...ration-of-all-weapons&highlight=show+loophole
:)

Last edited:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA needs a better spokesman and debater than Wayne LaPierre! It took Ralph Reed to point out that Universal Background Checks would not have prevented the mother of the Newtown shooter from buying and transferring an assault rifle to him.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, notice how when Bloomy was asked if UBCs would lead to registration, he dodged the question by saying it's not about La Pierre. He never DENIED it. Of course UBCs will lead to registration, that is why the leftys want it.
:)

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The highlight reel:

LaPierre on Bloomberg

He can’t spend enough of his $27 billion to try to impose his will on the American public.”

"He's going to find out that this is a country of the people, by the people and for the people and he can't spend enough of his [money] to try to impose his will on the American public. They don't want him in their restaurants, they don't want him in their homes, they don't want him telling them what food to eat - they sure don't want him telling them what self-defense firearms to own. And he can't buy America," LaPierre said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Millions of people," many of them presumably NRA members, were mailing in $5, $10, and $20 checks "telling us to stand up to this guy that says that we can only have three bullets, which is what he said. Stand up to this guy that says ridiculous things like, 'The NRA wants firearms with nukes on them.'" He went on, "I mean it's insane the stuff he says."

Lapierre on the Media, Biden and Obama:

"Do you know where Chicago ranks in terms of enforcement of the federal gun laws? Out of 90 jurisdictions in the country, they ranked 90th. Why doesn't NBC News start with, "Shocking news on Chicago. Of all the jurisdictions in the country, Chicago's dead last on enforcement of the federal gun laws?" Why doesn't the national press corps, when they're sitting down there with Jay Carney and the president and the vice president, why don't they say, "Why is Chicago dead last in enforcement of the gun laws against gangs with guns, felons with guns, drug dealers with guns?"

Amen brother.

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for LaPierre!

The highlight reel:

LaPierre on Bloomberg

He can’t spend enough of his $27 billion to try to impose his will on the American public.”

"He's going to find out that this is a country of the people, by the people and for the people and he can't spend enough of his [money] to try to impose his will on the American public. They don't want him in their restaurants, they don't want him in their homes, they don't want him telling them what food to eat - they sure don't want him telling them what self-defense firearms to own. And he can't buy America," LaPierre said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Millions of people," many of them presumably NRA members, were mailing in $5, $10, and $20 checks "telling us to stand up to this guy that says that we can only have three bullets, which is what he said. Stand up to this guy that says ridiculous things like, 'The NRA wants firearms with nukes on them.'" He went on, "I mean it's insane the stuff he says."

Lapierre on the Media, Biden and Obama:

"Do you know where Chicago ranks in terms of enforcement of the federal gun laws? Out of 90 jurisdictions in the country, they ranked 90th. Why doesn't NBC News start with, "Shocking news on Chicago. Of all the jurisdictions in the country, Chicago's dead last on enforcement of the federal gun laws?" Why doesn't the national press corps, when they're sitting down there with Jay Carney and the president and the vice president, why don't they say, "Why is Chicago dead last in enforcement of the gun laws against gangs with guns, felons with guns, drug dealers with guns?"

Amen brother.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NRA-LaPierre-Bloomberg-Guns/2013/03/24/id/496062?s=al&promo_code=12E8A-1
NRA's LaPierre: Bloomberg 'Can't Buy America'
Sunday, 24 Mar 2013 10:57 AM
By Amy Woods

NRA'S LAPIERRE:

“They want to take this current mess of a system and expand it, now, to 100 million law-abiding gun owners,” LaPierre continued. “There is going to be a list created. That list will be abused.

"Some newspaper will print it all. Somebody will hack it. We want to do the real things that make people safe. What’s appalled me about this whole debate is how little it’s had to do with making people safe and how much it has to do with this decade-long agenda to attack the Second Amendment.”

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I miss something... Bloomberg was saying 90% of the people want stricter gun laws, the polls I'v seen posted (mostly links on here) do not back this up and wondering why LaPierre didn't jump all over his numbers. Other than that thought LaPierre did a good job.

I still don't get why anyone could posibly believe any of this will make any difference except to be a pain for law abiding gun owners. As we all know, the bad guys are not going to care what laws are passed.

I want tougher gun laws.
I want criminals who use a firearm in a crime to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and taken off the street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom