Surprise call from Romania.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a very welcome and surprise Thanksgiving I-Phone Face Time call yesterday morning from my soon to be twenty one years old grand daughter in the Army that is now in Romania of all places.

She said that she had been there for two weeks and the Army told her that she'd be there for nine months and when I ask her she was being very vague about what she was actually doing.....all I do know is that she graduated basic training in mid March then went through AIT at Ft. Jackson for MOS 42B which is HR then the next I heard from her she said that she was at Ft. Campbell, KY. (where I went through basic back in July 67') going through some additional training and now she's calling me from Romania. :scratch:

Although a little hot and hard headed like her dad and grandpa she's always been a really good kid and I'm very proud of her.

viv2.jpg

March

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
All I know about Romania is Transylvania/Dracula and my grandparents neighbors were Romanian. The food they cooked was fantastic, all of it, most I couldn't pronounce. Lots of cabbage and pork and lamb but it was all great. It was just the two of them, but she cooked for six it seemed like. I benefited greatly from that lol.

Hats of to your granddaughter for serving, prayers for safety overseas.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine‘s girlfriend is going that way at the end of the year. She does something with arterial. when I asked questions about it. Just like you got vague or no answer. I got my thoughts but we will see. i spent my time at Bragg. Airborne

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I asked questions about it. Just like you got vague or no answer. I got my thoughts but we will see.
I can't imagine what sort of additional training that a person would need at Ft. Campbell after completing HR AIT......guess I'll know when she wants to or can tell me.

She had already completed one year of college when she decided to join the Army and knowing that they'd be really upset she didn't run it by her mom and dad (my son and DIL) prior to enlisting instead she called them, her grand mother (my ex) and me from basic training on a group Face Time call to inform all of us.

Apparently the Army is agreeing with her because when I ask if she was going to re-up after her current two year hitch and she said that she probably would. :)

Last edited:

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i remember before I when down range to Afghanistan. We had to spend 2 weeks in Fort Polk. I was stationed at Bragg. They called it joint readiness training. I was in an aviation unit. After that training the pilots and some others had to go to fort collins, co for hats training. So ya a lot of moving around and training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom