Surviving SHTF in Bosnia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:

It has come to my attention that Selco is actually NOT the big man on campus he claims to be. Apparently he is not even from that area of the world. I'm not sure what to think -- like I said I thought he was a straight shooter. Just more proof that I can get the wool pulled over my eyes from time to time.

Link/proof? I was enjoying the read but just skimmed over some of it to come back later....now I'm not sure if its worth the time.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link/proof? I was enjoying the read but just skimmed over some of it to come back later....now I'm not sure if its worth the time.

Wrll hell ... I can't find it now. It's buried in some thread on another forum in the moderators section. I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll share. Bottom line was when he first showed up he made a huge splash on some of the prepper boards. Folks with a lot more time on their hands and infinitely more IT knowledge found some holes in his stories, did some behind the scene searching and found that he and a couple of his "comrades" were actually from Thailand. Had actually never been to Bosnia, much less lived through what they described.

I don't really expect anyone to take my word for it but one of the IT guys I trust explicitly. There is absolutely no reason for him to exaggerate what they found. I was less disappointed that he was a fraud than I was that I fell for it. I know better than to take people on the interwebs at face value like that.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't often venture into this little corner of the board.

I don't know how to take all of this really. It was a interesting, but frightening read.

Is it true, and do I really care? I dunno.

Bottom line is, I don't need to read stories to know it would be bad. Really, really bad. Bad enough, that I'd expect about 1/2 the population of the USA to succumb. I don't know that I'd make it. I definitely do know that the elderly and infirm in my family could not survive something like that. That isn't even a question. They wouldn't. They would die, and they would die early on.

Scary deal, but I'm not going to let it alter the way I live. If it happens, it happens, and I'll do the best I can to survive and protect those closest to me. Every extra day lived is one more day you're not dead. I'll take 'em as I get 'em. I'm probably a lot better prepared/skilled than most people, but not anywhere near as prepared/skilled as others.

I'd say I'm a lot more likely to die in a vehicle crash than I am to be a collateral victim of a civil war. I wear my seat belt, and I don't drive like a maniac. That's about the extent of it. That's about how I feel about prepping; for me. I don't however think any more or less of those that do than I do those that don't. I'm about as agnostic about it as you can get. But I'm that way about most stuff. Like being gay. You wanna be gay? Great, I don't give a ****. Not that being gay has anything to do do with prepping or whatever, but you get the gist of it.

It's an interesting lifestyle. It just ain't for me.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't often venture into this little corner of the board.

I don't know how to take all of this really. It was a interesting, but frightening read.

Is it true, and do I really care? I dunno.

Bottom line is, I don't need to read stories to know it would be bad. Really, really bad. Bad enough, that I'd expect about 1/2 the population of the USA to succumb. I don't know that I'd make it. I definitely do know that the elderly and infirm in my family could not survive something like that. That isn't even a question. They wouldn't. They would die, and they would die early on.

Scary deal, but I'm not going to let it alter the way I live. If it happens, it happens, and I'll do the best I can to survive and protect those closest to me. Every extra day lived is one more day you're not dead. I'll take 'em as I get 'em. I'm probably a lot better prepared/skilled than most people, but not anywhere near as prepared/skilled as others.

I'd say I'm a lot more likely to die in a vehicle crash than I am to be a collateral victim of a civil war. I wear my seat belt, and I don't drive like a maniac. That's about the extent of it. That's about how I feel about prepping; for me. I don't however think any more or less of those that do than I do those that don't. I'm about as agnostic about it as you can get. But I'm that way about most stuff. Like being gay. You wanna be gay? Great, I don't give a ****. Not that being gay has anything to do do with prepping or whatever, but you get the gist of it.

It's an interesting lifestyle. It just ain't for me.

I don't even see myself as a "prepper" so much as someone who likes to garden and take care of her rabbits, and chickens and ducks and quail. I've 4 little baby ducks that are gonna be smoked duck in a few weeks and I've always wanted to try and render my own duck fat. I have a little pile of quail eggs that are about to go into the incubator. Those little buggers will hit the freezer once they are full grown and fat as ticks.

And, of course, there is no shortage of rabbit recipes (though fried is still my favorite). I won't even buy tomatoes at the store. I'd rather just eat seasonally than put one of those mealy, tasteless things in my mouth. Same with salad greens and watermelon and blackberries. The home- grown stuff has a flavor the store-bought stuff can't even come close to.

There is still a bazillon things I want to try -- beekkeeping for one. Espaliering fruit trees -- who doesn't like fresh apples ... Or cherries?? And though I have no idea where is put it I would like a little greenhouse. The neighbors have an oak tree that needs to come down first. 😠

Oh well ... I could yammer on forever about what all I think I can actually get on my little 1/3rd of an acre city lot. And every year I get a little bit closer.

This fall I've got plans to set up a water collection system on the back side of the shed. That water will help keep the garden going and may be take a little $$s off the water bill. And if it doesn't, well, I'll still have some water for the garden and the ducks' kiddie pool. 🤷

You are right -- it is an insanely interesting lifestyle. I've been at it on and off my entire almost 64 years now (my dad was into this kind of stuff WAY before it was cool) and there is not a day that goes by I don't find something else I wanna try -- just because ... 😁

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a lot of Bosnians in Afghanistan. Rather work with what our grandparents called the blacks! The Bosnians were more than useless! I understand why they were being exterminated! Clinton started a war to save the Muslims from being exterminated by the Christians! Who knew this? Show of hands please!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with a lot of Bosnians in Afghanistan. Rather work with what our grandparents called the blacks! The Bosnians were more than useless! I understand why they were being exterminated! Clinton started a war to save the Muslims from being exterminated by the Christians! Who knew this? Show of hands please!
Anyone with a large Mahamazoid population will eventually get sick of it and it’s sharia law. There is NO coexisting with it.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill Clinton did a lot of things that most people don't know of. He's a protected ..(fill in with any vulgar filthy vile hideous word you want to describe the sob with).

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am most definitely a Christian, however, Bosnian Muslims are not like many others. Extremists do come from that country, but nonetheless, the Serbs were massacring Croat Catholics as well. The Bosnians were the only group to not commit war crimes in that series of wars, at least not on a large-scale basis.
The Croats and Bosnians ended up joining forces - hence Bosnia and Herzegovina. Many Croats, even some Serbs fought against Serbia in the BiH Army.
Many fighters in that war, when interviewed, including Serbs, said the war was political. The murders were partisan. If you want some videos, I’ll see if I can find them again.
Nothing in the Balkans is ever black and white.
Yet, as Christians, we are to love all people. Where the line lies between letting your own faith be eradicated, I don’t know, but Jesus walked himself to the cross, He didn’t fight. The disciples did the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom