Swampratt ....I think you met your match here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the problem about history, you get to here it from the guy who is telling it. That's why I like math. It can't lie.

Wanna bet? I hate math. I have hated math since grade school. Then I get to hate math more in algebra, statistics, triggernometry, geerometry, etcetera-ometry. When they came up with imaginary numbers, I'm done.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Growing up in rural Louisiana, there wasn't anything we wouldn't eat. It was a culture shock moving to OK and hearing people at the damn call gar and carp "trash fish."
Trust me, there's not much I won't eat when I'm hungry. :D

Also don't mind trying odd/different/strange foods just to see what they taste like. Lol, within reason...
:drunk2:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I somehow just can't buy into this story fully as the precursor of today's pizza was a simple Roman dish that had bread, sauce and whole basil leaves and preceded anything in this country by thousands of years.
I don't think that Roman pizza had a tomato-based sauce. Far-ranging though they were, they never made it to the Americas, and tomato plants originated in Central/South America.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that Roman pizza had a tomato-based sauce. Far-ranging though they were, they never made it to the Americas, and tomato plants originated in Central/South America.

Not tomato based maybe would explain it then. I know today if you get what is supposed to be a old Roman style pizza at places that claim to make it. it has it and sometimes whole cherry tomatoes baked on it.
Prolly like our fake western Chinese cuisine here too, nothing like what the original was.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I somehow just can't buy into this story fully as the precursor of today's pizza was a simple Roman dish that had bread, sauce and whole basil leaves and preceded anything in this country by thousands of years.

That's the problem about history, you get to hear it from the guy who is telling it.

That's very true. I spent a month in Brecia Italy doing training on the control system and programming of a new CNC machine tool the company had just bought. Pizza was sauce, focaccia bread and basil. That's it, none of the other items we are used to having on our pizza.
For the record, we order the major meat and add every veggi for the most part on our pizzas. We want them piled high with extras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom