Swat team is still active

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, it wasnt Cop blasting........just Code Enforcement Officers.... ;)

I know, but the thread started out by implying SWAT went into a nice person's garden and destroyed her fence in a typical case of overreaction. Further investigation shows that the victims were not such nice people.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be surprised, Lawton has it's "neighborhood services" that goes around just to check on things like long grass, buildings in disrepair other violations of the type. The city tore down a strip mall that was near gore and Ft. Sill Blvd/11th St as the owner didn't make repairs. Had some other buildings on their tear down list as well. Edmond has some really strict laws on the books regarding business signs and landscaping and Lawton is beginning to enact business landscaping requirements as well.

I know a lot of other area's in the state have the same types of things and most of it is a general common sense others cause hazards IMHO. . . Edmond's sign law has a flaw especially if you are trying to pull out of a business driveway. I don't mind the no electronic message signs and such but all signs being on the ground with bushes growing here and there can be hazardous.

OKC has the same thing ... They just aren't as "active" in their enforcement activities and tend to not get involve unless a couple of neighbors are threatening physical violence upon each other ... In my personal experience ... :lookaroun WHAT?!?!?! Not me ... I live with a JBT so I'm "immune" from persecution (yes, I meant to use that word ... :naughty: :rollingla) but I watched a couple of neighbors wind up in district court ... Code enforcement spent more time in our neighborhood back then than the trash pick-up guys ... :D

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC has the same thing ... They just aren't as "active" in their enforcement activities and tend to not get involve unless a couple of neighbors are threatening physical violence upon each other ... In my personal experience ... :lookaroun WHAT?!?!?! Not me ... I live with a JBT so I'm "immune" from persecution (yes, I meant to use that word ... :naughty: :rollingla) but I watched a couple of neighbors wind up in district court ... Code enforcement spent more time in our neighborhood back then than the trash pick-up guys ... :D

Most cities have some unit for this, some are more active than others, it's generally a deal of if their job has multiple duties other than enforcing those codes. However it can be useful to know what the codes are.

Was living in some apartments where the manager was being a dip in OKC and had dead trees EVERYWHERE, let the city know of the infractions and pretty soon the manager had too many other problems to deal with to worry about me. And the problem was the plumbing sucked and kept backing up, apartment flooded multiple times and they were blaming us for the problem when the plumber ran a camera down the line and said it went uphill multiple times in the run which was causing the backups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom