Growing Indian Paintbrush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom's favorite Oklahoma wildflower.
It has to grow in prairie grass sod to do well. I have tried to start seed without success. Today with the ground wet I was abĺe to dig some healthy clusters of it and transplant to her gravesite. My hope is to naturalize it on her family gravesite in Garber. Today I got it planted next to her and my grandma's stones.
20240512_132331.jpg
I want to put some at my great grandparents grave a few rows away in the cemetary but their markers are flat even with the ground and maintenance mows it too short. I think I will go dig some more this week while the ground is wet to put around the plot where the mower cannot cut it.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IPB is a hemiparasitc species. Needs a host to survive. Kinda like a democrat.

In order to grow it you have to stratify the IPB seed along with blue stem grass, buffalo grass or blue Grama grass many others.

The IPB feeds on the other roots.
This is the easiest way I can explain it.
You can buy the plants you will be hard pressed to find them as they are past the planting season. Iv grown a lot of them!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
IPB is a hemiparasitc species. Needs a host to survive. Kinda like a democrat.

In order to grow it you have to stratify the IPB seed along with blue stem grass, buffalo grass or blue Grama grass many others.

The IPB feeds on the other roots.
This is the easiest way I can explain it.
You can buy the plants you will be hard pressed to find them as they are past the planting season. Iv grown a lot of them!
This is a great post, thanks and I'll save it for future reference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom