Swat team is still active

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most States have Code Enforcement , some states are Really strict , NY, Ca, the more populated areas.

Usually the Fire Dept enforces them.

Kind of a stretch to make it relevant to Oklahoma, though. Kind of sad that we now have to show a connection to goings-in in this state.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of a stretch to make it relevant to Oklahoma, though. Kind of sad that we now have to show a connection to goings-in in this state.

You might be surprised, Lawton has it's "neighborhood services" that goes around just to check on things like long grass, buildings in disrepair other violations of the type. The city tore down a strip mall that was near gore and Ft. Sill Blvd/11th St as the owner didn't make repairs. Had some other buildings on their tear down list as well. Edmond has some really strict laws on the books regarding business signs and landscaping and Lawton is beginning to enact business landscaping requirements as well.

I know a lot of other area's in the state have the same types of things and most of it is a general common sense others cause hazards IMHO. . . Edmond's sign law has a flaw especially if you are trying to pull out of a business driveway. I don't mind the no electronic message signs and such but all signs being on the ground with bushes growing here and there can be hazardous.

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no cop bashing warranted in this thread at all. It it clear from the article and filing, that this was an abatement process and drug investigation. The drug investigation was based on probable cause from reports from other people.

The landowners had their chance to speak their peace in court and decided not to attend. What happened to them is their own fault, they are not victims of any circumstance with exception to their own doing. Folks can't go around blaming Law or Code enforcement on the officers. Had they cleaned up their crap when asked they wouldn't have been in this situation. I could, possibly, believe that neighbors may have called in the Marijuana complaints when nothing was being done. People need to take ownership of their problems (or doings) and quit crying when something is done about it.

I have always held the belief in which I do not care what a person does with their own life. However, I do take issue when anyone does anything that has a negative impact on others. There is a big enough mess right now, without neighbors having to fight...over the other not cleaning up their mess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom