System encryption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just finished nuking and re-installing everything on my computer and now it comes time to do a good ol' system encryption courtesy of truecrypt. I think the last time I did this I chose the AES encryption but am wondering if AES-twofish-serpent would work. I am concerned at how painfully slow serpent can be and if it would slow my system's performance to an absolute crawl or if the initial encryption is the only part that is slow.

I am fairly certain that AES is more than sufficient for my needs but I do have a teeny tiny paranoid streak in me that makes me wonder if it would be make for a better security "experience" (i.e. more security but not at the cost of a lot of extra time) if I did AES-twofish-serpent. Anyone here have some knowledge with this?

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't focus so much on the algorithm itself. Instead, learn about the implementation of the algorithm. The practical downfall of most encryption lies not so much in the math, but with the way in which it is implemented.

Latest posts

Top Bottom