Tactical Shotgun Guru's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a shotgun person, so any input would be helpful. What do you think of the Benelli 121 M1 H&K 12ga? It is not the 90 model.

Last edited:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benelli M series is the Cadillac of tacticool shotguns. It's pricey, but pretty much proves the saying, you get what you pay for.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chose to go with an early HK imported M1 to set up for 3 gun. So far about 1000 rounds of various shells through it without a hiccup. Very nice gun, im glad I did it.

I like the metal trigger guard on the m1 vs m2 and you can also ghost load the early M1 vs having to weld the bolt carrier on the M2.

The "tactical" style pistol grip M1s from the factory tend to have issues cycling low brass due to a more stiff recoil spring but can be replaced with a "field" spring.

Also the inertia system can be hindered by adding too many accessories to the gun vs a gas operated semi auto like a Remington 1100. You put a big ol side saddle loaded with 00BK and mount a heavy flashlight then you MIGHT have trouble.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this was a thread about the M1 specifically but thought I would mention that when it comes to tactical semi auto shotguns, the VEPR 12 is king IMO. very well built and reliable plus magazine fed. I started out as a gun enthusiast with saiga 12s then 7.62 AKs then the Vepr so that platform is very comfortable to me. You can get a new one for $800 from classicfirearms and it will come with 100rd free buckshot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom