Tag question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people get so up in arms about buying a tag. Isn't it like $12 or something? It's not like it breaks the bank... get a tag. Go hunt. Check harvested animal online. Done.

It's not worth it, if you ask me.

For me, it was all about what I was used to. In NC, you buy your hunting license and you get all the tags for your yearly limit of deer - 6 in total of which 2 can be bucks, and 2 turkeys all for for $36.

I hate the idea of being nickel and dimed when buying a license here which on its own is useless for deer hunting until you purchase the add ons.

But I've been here long enough that I finally wised up and bought the lifetime license.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The difference between NC and Oklahoma license fees without doing the research may be that NC receives funding from the state legislature vs Oklahoma where the ODW receives no money from the state, relying on license/tag fees and Pittman-Robertson rebates to operate on.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an OK landowner but out of state license purchaser, I get a kick out of these discussions. I spend more on hunting licenses in one year than OK residents will in 10, so I'll put it to y'all this way. Suck it up buttercup...:smack:

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between NC and Oklahoma license fees without doing the research may be that NC receives funding from the state legislature vs Oklahoma where the ODW receives no money from the state, relying on license/tag fees and Pittman-Robertson rebates to operate on.

Well that makes since. I didn't know there was no funding from the state. Almost seems like more of a reason to raise the annual license fee and go ahead and include all tags up front. Sure some would hate it, but at least the money would be going to good use.

But i'll stop there. I know from experience just how irritating it is to have a non native son, show up and start telling you how things should be done in your own state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom